Fox Sports San Diego

I would not have thought it either....... And ahead of TWC and Fios.

This won't affect me but I'm glad to see Dish adding a new RSN. It makes me feel a little less worried that they will try to take mine from me next time their contract comes up for negotiation.

Will it be carried part time like it is on Directv (games only) or full time?

The way your link reads it makes it look to me like only carrying games, since it's available opening day, not before, for any spring training or any shows leading to opening day. That could just be because of when the contract begins. But since Dish as we know carries the RSN's in HD only for games, it seems to me Dish will do the same here, 24HR channels only games in HD. Direct TV may not have wanted to get into the SD/HD thing but does not have enough bandwidth to carry it HD 24HRS?

Looking a little more into it a lot of programming on FS San Diego is the same as on FS Prime Ticket. Both providers right now give subs in SD FS West and Prime Ticket (Dish gives them Pac12 while Directv gives them TWCS...the Lakers channel) so I assume it will be a game time only channel and on the alts

Direct TV may not have wanted to get into the SD/HD thing but does not have enough bandwidth to carry it HD 24HRS?
Directv has bandwidth for HD (they added both TWCS Lakers channels in HD)..For the part time RSN's they just turn off PPV channels and shift stuff around.
The beginning of my post has a reason why its not 24/7 on Directv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts