Fox sports south in HD ??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

woljr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
:) I just talked with D representatinve on the phone and he said D was providing FOX SPORT SOUTH in HD as of July 1 on Channel 97 or 98 ?? I cheked it out and discovered a blank screen. Has anyone verified this info??

woljr said:
:) I just talked with D representatinve on the phone and he said D was providing FOX SPORT SOUTH in HD as of July 1 on Channel 97 or 98 ?? I cheked it out and discovered a blank screen. Has anyone verified this info??

If it appears on either of those channels, it is likely only on at game times, not as a full time channel.

The rep indicated that I was equipped to receive.

Are You Indicating That This Is Not New And Has Been On 97 Or 98 All Along ???? How Will I Know In Advance If There Is A Game On. Is There A Schedule Available???

MPEG2 temoporary RSN feeds of games that are in HD and available to DirecTV have been showing in the 90's for a while. That is what I think the DirecTV CSR was telling you that you are currently setup for.

What I think you are referring to is the rumor that the RSN's HD channels will be popping up sometime in the near future. If & when that happens, I think these other users are telling you that those new channels will more than likely be MPEG4 and require an AT9/H20 setup, and that although they will carry HD content, not all of that channel's content will be 24/7 HD; like ESPN.

No one knows for sure right now which "full-time HD" RSNs will be coming online, when or how. (note this does not mean all HD content)

See this like thread as well: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=603256#post603256

Last edited:
It's not really a rumour, quite a few mpeg 4 part time rsns appeared july 1st, exactly which ones no one seems to have a confirmed list for. NESN was supposed to go live fulltime July 1st but stil hasn't.

Questioner said:
It's not really a rumour, quite a few mpeg 4 part time rsns appeared july 1st, exactly which ones no one seems to have a confirmed list for. NESN was supposed to go live fulltime July 1st but stil hasn't.

That's what was meant; the who, what, where and when of specific RSNs, are rumors until it goes live; not RSNs in general.

Well I can confirm that Fox Sports South/Turner South HD did go live for the Atlanta DMA, on channel 96. I am watching the Braves game as I type this. You do need an H20 and the 5 LNB dish. My HR10-250 will not tune channel 96.

Early this morning I would think, cause I checked last night and it wasn't there. So this must just have happened early this morning!

FSN Bay Area now on ch 96 in HD

Last Night, the Oakland-Detroit baseball game was on ch 96 in full HD resolution for the first time. The picture was great but there was no sound. Still some bugs to work out. My H20 mpeg 4 receiver was able to pick up the broadcast but not my mpeg 2 receivers, so the downlink definitely came from the 103 ka sat by spotbeam which also has the LIL networks in HD for the San Francisco Bay Area. Ch 96 is not in use this morning as it only comes on if there is an HD broadcast. I wonder how many other RSN's in addition to Atlanta and San Francisco are now on spotbeam ch 96 if the game is in HD?

Last edited:
charper1 said:
It is based on zip code of the service address not distance.

Based upon zip code, would Macon, Columbus, Valdosta, Savannah, and/or Waycross be included in the spot beam?

I would image that at some point the radius of the spot would weaken...I'm just curious how far from Atlanta the spot is effective.

I know for a fact that the Atlanta spot beam stops in Lamar County. Macon, Columbus and everything else would be too far south and east. For west Georgia, I think the beam ends in Carroll County just before or alittle after the Alabama border. Not sure for the Northern area!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)