Fox sports south in HD ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
GeorgeLV said:
The luckt bas^H^H^H^H folks in Atlanta also got the UPN (to be CW) HD added.

what are you talking about i do not grt upn in hd. if i do tell what station it his and what # i need to turn to.

sguest9 said:
what are you talking about i do not grt upn in hd. if i do tell what station it his and what # i need to turn to.
Assuming you have a H20 receiver, you will find Atlanta UPNHD on channel 69 as "WUPN" you will also see the SD version as "AT69" and then the OTA version on channel 69-1.

Is WUPN carried in HD 24/7? (I know not all the programs will be in HD, but the transmission will be 1080i or 740p.)

Dag nabit!
Up till now, there was no reason for me to get the MPEG4 stuff. I was happily enjoying my perfect OTA feed and my HDTivo. Now what? I'm not giving up my Tivo just to get this feed. Hurry up HR20!!!!! I want my Braves in HD! Right now, I only get about 1 in 3 games in HD (home games on TBS OTA).

Newshawk said:
Is WUPN carried in HD 24/7? (I know not all the programs will be in HD, but the transmission will be 1080i or 740p.)
The signal is always 1080i but the majority of the shows are 4:3. However, many of the sitcoms are in HD (ex. One on One, GirlFriends, etc.)

billbillw said:
Dag nabit!
Up till now, there was no reason for me to get the MPEG4 stuff. I was happily enjoying my perfect OTA feed and my HDTivo. Now what? I'm not giving up my Tivo just to get this feed. Hurry up HR20!!!!! I want my Braves in HD! Right now, I only get about 1 in 3 games in HD (home games on TBS OTA).

I feel, just the same as you (although I hate the Braves & actually can't stand baseball). I just want the slimline dish!!!

I'm in the middle TN area,and FSN South is the RSN for this area.I've had e-mail and phone communications with D* about this channel being available in HD.D*s e-mail reply to me was that the channel is available on channel 96 and 97,based on your zip code info and when FSN South is broadcasting HD programming.They also included a number to call and talk to a tech assistant about this issue in particular.The number is 1-888-667-7463,press 1 to verify your address then press 0 to speak with a tech.I have called this number and discussed this issue (approx. 25 mins. on the phone) with a tech.He stated that since this channel is newly available in HD that D* is having to re-send program info to all receivers that are capable of getting this programming.He re-sent the program info to our equipment (2 H20 receivers) while we were on the phone.He also told me this,depending on your zip code,that some areas will get it on channel 96,and some areas will get it on channel 97 (97 is what shows up in our program guide).So,I guess we will find out if this works the next time FSN South televises a Braves game.Thought I would share this info and hope it helps other D* subs with this issue. :)

Atlanta Spotbeam

Atlanta spotbeam covers Birmingham and Auburn Al.

Ka Spotbeam

I assure you ; I'm talking about the Ka spotbeam.

I haven't received anything here in HD and I am in the Turner South/Fox Sport South coverage area. I have a H20 and AT9 dish set up. I'm the Huntsville, AL DMA but that shouldn't effect me should it? also is this part of the HD package as well?

FSN South televised the Braves/Cardinals game in HD last night,but all we got was a black screen on channel 97 (We have two H20s and the AT9 dish setup).We ended up viewing the game on channel 630 (SD).Going by D*s rules and guidelines on this issue (zip code and service address),FSN South is the RSN for our area.Something else that is puzzling to me is that D* listed Turner South as another RSN in their official press release on July 10,2006.Do D* subs in the south/southeastern U.S. now have two RSNs to choose from? :confused: By the way,I have a link from FOX Sports site that lists future HD broadcasts by all available FSN channels across the U.S. http://msn.foxsports.com/name/HD It shows HD programming that is scheduled for approx. 15 different FSN networks.

Last edited:
steve615 said:
FSN South televised the Braves/Cardinals game in HD last night,but all we got was a black screen on channel 97 (We have two H20s and the AT9 dish setup).We ended up viewing the game on channel 630 (SD).Going by D*s rules and guidelines on this issue (zip code and service address),FSN South is the RSN for our area.Something else that is puzzling to me is that D* listed Turner South as another RSN in their official press release on July 10,2006.Do D* subs in the south/southeastern U.S. now have two RSNs to choose from? :confused: By the way,I have a link from FOX Sports site that lists future HD broadcasts by all available FSN channels across the U.S. http://msn.foxsports.com/name/HD It shows HD programming that is scheduled for approx. 15 different FSN networks.

If you are in the Atlanta DMA (Which I would think mursfburg is not) then WTBS as in the broadcast channel 17 has rights to the Bravos here.

steve615 said:

As far as I know, only Braves HOME games are broadcast in HD on FSN South, Turner South or TBS. Since they were on the road last night, the game was not broadcast in HD. The link you posted sure makes it look like they're showing some away games, but I just don't think that's right. What did the program guide for Ch 97 say last night?

lovswr said:
If you are in the Atlanta DMA (Which I would think mursfburg is not) then WTBS as in the broadcast channel 17 has rights to the Bravos here.

TBS does not have all the Braves games in Atlanta. In fact, they have far less than 1/2. The Braves are shown on TBS, Turner South, or FSN South, depending on the night, even if you are in Atlanta.

It all these damn different carriage agreements that are screwing the viewers out of HD games. The FSN WAS in HD on last night's away game. If youcan read the sched you can see that. The in market areas for the HD feeds are being shrunk at the origination level .

http://msn.foxsports.com/name/HD#FSSouth

FSN South HDTV Guide

FSN South
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
7:30 PM Braves Pre-Game
8:00 PM Atlanta at St. Louis

Wednesday, Aug. 2, 2006
6:30 PM Braves Pre-Game
7:00 PM Atlanta at Pittsburgh

The Braves vs Phillies
21st is ComcastSportsNet area HD (FSN in market)
22nd is affiliate UPN 57 only HD (TS in market)
23rd is ESPN HD (national)
24th is local UPN 57 only HD (TS in market)

http://msn.foxsports.com/name/HD

Last edited:
NateDawg said:
As far as I know, only Braves HOME games are broadcast in HD on FSN South, Turner South or TBS. Since they were on the road last night, the game was not broadcast in HD. The link you posted sure makes it look like they're showing some away games, but I just don't think that's right. What did the program guide for Ch 97 say last night?
The program guide info for channel 97 has always listed "To Be Announced".It's the same info everyday and night.

I need some help here. I live about 40 minutes south of Atlanta. All week channel 96 has said upcoming: Braves vs. Marlins HD on July 25th from 7:30pm-10:00pm. So I tune into this channel last night and it is blank. The guide still said Braves vs marlins HD. I call customer service to see if there is anything I need to do to get this channel. As usual, they were absolutely no help. "Sir, could press the red button on the front of your receiver". Give me a break.... Was anyone in atlanta able to watch the game on Channel 96 last night(25th)? I do have a H20 receiver and 5lnb dish. Any Ideas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)