Fox to go all HD with DVB-S2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Will us DVBS2'ers be able to receive the motorola s2 feeds if they are ITC?

Probably, since we can get DVB-S2 from AMC 21 now, with a 30" dish, precisely aimed. Personally, I'm looking for a 1.2M dish locally, just for that precious extra gain. DVB-S2 8psk has twice as many bits per quadrature as does QPSK , so it takes a more accurate aim to "line up" all the bits in the right order.
:)

Euro pansat has them from the main distubuter note they are not the hack ones so enjoy...

HD FTA boxes shuld be come relly cheap come feb if niagra can keep the door locked.

I'm waiting for a few months also. Hopefully the prices will drop like they did after the switch to nagra2. Might be able to get a good HD box for $50-100.

I believe it'll be DVB-S2 with DCII encryption. It should still be a DCII transport stream, so DVB-S2 receivers alone won't be able to read the transport stream.

I believe it'll be DVB-S2 with DCII encryption. It should still be a DCII transport stream, so DVB-S2 receivers alone won't be able to read the transport stream.

It can't be DVB-S2 and have a DCII transport stream at the same time. They are separate standards and DVB-S2 is based on DVB-S. You could have a DCII 8PSK HD setup, but it would not be "DVB-S2" at that point, it would be like StarChoice's HD.

Motorola could certainly support DCII encrypted audio/video within the DVB-S2 transport stream since they own the DCII software.

I would guess it can be dvb-s2 w/dcii as starchoice uses the same 8psk turbofec that dishnet uses difference is only the encryption.

My skywalker can tune and view 8psk turbofec from dishnet when not encrypted and can do the same with starchoice. I haven't seen any starchoice with zero key but I can defn lock and view the transport stream no problem.

Fox has moved their My TV feeds from Galaxy 16 4080 H 27780 to 4160 H 27780. There is nothing on 4080 H at this time. Perhaps they are making room for their switch to DVB-S2. I'm keeping an eye on 4080 H to see what comes up next.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts