Fox using an 8K camera at World Series / Wonder why? / We only get HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bjf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Smoltz just pointed out on Fox, that a camera with cameraman was an 8K camera.

Since Fox is only giving the USA nothing but good ole cheap HD and nothing better.
Wonder what the use is for.

For just digitally zooming in more and selective cropping like ESPN did with 4k camera's the past years.

Or are they possibly recording in 4K or 8K and sending the game back to Japan and S. Korea in 4K or 8K.

Or archiving the game in Hi-Res but nobody gets to enjoy it right now.

Strange Smoltz would even point this out since they are sending on just HD.

Thanks Fox for doing a bang up job with NO Hi-res for all your viewers in the states.

bjf

It's your local FOX affiliates - they don't want to lose their local revenue by giving up 4k viewers to another source for the games.

The playoffs were on cable channels (not OTA) - FOX was much more in control for those games.

Reactions: comp9
It's your local FOX affiliates - they don't want to lose their local revenue by giving up 4k viewers to another source for the games.

The playoffs were on cable channels (not OTA) - FOX was much more in control for those games.
I thought the Astro vs Yankees was on Fox ... maybe not, don't think I have anything recorded to check.

Looks like it was on FS1, which is still Fox, but not on OTA.
Not sure if ALL the games were on FS1 vs FOX though.

I thought the Astro vs Yankees was on Fox ... maybe not, don't think I have anything recorded to check.

None of the playoffs were on OTA - very different situation in terms of control of those broadcasts.

Game one of the ALCS was on Fox, everything else on FS1.

Reactions: longhorn23
Didn't remember that. I'll bet that game was not available in 4k then.
For some reason they only put the Saturday game on Fox. Not sure why both weekend games were not on the network. The Ratings on FS1 were about the same but why put a marquee matchup on cable when you can do it on broadcast and maybe make more money.

Interesting as i saw at a local pga tournament the GOLF ch cameras. They use Sony for the electronics of the camera with a Cannon lens. Maybe they need to experiment. Picture always looks great on GOLF ch. And they do not compress the picture. Better quality down the line.

Interesting as i saw at a local pga tournament the GOLF ch cameras. They use Sony for the electronics of the camera with a Cannon lens. Maybe they need to experiment. Picture always looks great on GOLF ch. And they do not compress the picture. Better quality down the line.
Most all broadcasts use Sony cameras and Canon lenses.

Reactions: c-spand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts