FOX USV

ECruzBUD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
SEATTLE, WA.
Hi Folks,

Is FOX U.S. Virgin Island on C-band and FTA???

I know I got NBC U.S. Virgin Island which is on
Galaxy 16, C-band.

The ONLY FOX on Galaxy 16, C-band I have is
the one from Puerto Rico.

Is FOX U.S. Virgin Island channel is FTA on C-band???

Thanks,
Eugene

Think the only FOX on that mux is from PR. There are other fox feeds on 99w but these would feed local stations, not a feed from them. Too bad they didn't include the CBS station in that mux anymore, used to watch it all the time.
Then I haven't scanned that satellite for quite a while. Maybe there is something new. Dish is pointed elswhere today otherwise I would scan it for you.

Hi Cham,

The reason why I inquired, is because
NBC U.S. Virgin Island is no long show
Powerball Lotto drawing.
So, they said on April 20th
the Lottery drawing moved
from NBC U.S. Virgin Island to
FOX U.S. Virgin Island.
That's why I am wondering IF
FOX U.S. Virgin Island is on C-band
and is FTA??? So, I could watch
Powerball drawing, there???

Thanks,
Eugene :(

I think I have seen a feed for the Powerball lottery somewhere, likely on Ku though. Do you have a movable Ku dish for FTA? Might be on 103w. It's likely only up when there is a draw.

So, I could watch Powerball drawing, there???

Eugene,

FOX USVI is run by the same company that operates Fox Puerto Rico: Caribbean Broadcasting Network

The stations are uplinked from New York and sent to the islands for retransmission. I haven't watched them in a while, but I seem to remember the 99W feed displays both station idents WSJP and WVXF. If that's the case, it's the one feed for both islands. If the Powerball is being carried on Fox USVI, maybe it's a local insert at the transmission site? In that case, it would only go out over the air in the USVI.

Isn't Powerball the multi-state lottery? I'm pretty sure the drawings are at least streamed online and are probably on a satellite somewhere.

Hi Folks,

Just on the other day, I decided to
BLIND-SCAN on Galaxy 16, C-band, 99W
for FOX Puerto Rico and NBC USV channels.

And guess what????

It's still there... They moved them around
after I found out by blind-scan.
I didn't pay much attention and didn't
see what channel they're on and what
channel they were, before.

So, I got it, FOX Puerto Rico to watch WE
Wrestlings on Friday night on the
East coast time.

I also got "this" channel to happen
to watch James Bond Movies
Marathon weekend, on Friday night
and Saturday.
It's actually carry by a TV station
in Carabina
( I think that's how you say the name
of that country )

Yah, I knew that it would have to
be blind-scan for changes.

-- FOX Puerto Rico
-- NBC USV
-- "This" on the Carabina channel.

Thank you!!! : - )))

But ABC feed is never change.
Still the same on their 4:2:2 HEVC
format. I still only hear audio, but
NO visual. The same as before.
However, I notice, maybe they added
another feed to it. But it's still the same
with their 4:2:2 HEVC.

By the way, this is 2020, has anyone
here hears IF there any consumer
FTA satellite receiver is being made
to watch ABC feeds on TV with their
4:2:2 HEVC, yet????

Okay, thank you.

Eugene

Last edited:
No consumer receivers get ABC.
You have to watch on your computer and send the feed to your tv from,the comolputer if you want to watch on tv. CBS is the same way.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using the SatelliteGuys app!

If only there was a consumer grade receiver that can handle that multi-channel audio on ABC/NBC/CBS automagically......

Reactions: FTA4PA
Hi Brian

How would I set up my Edision Mio to stream the ABC and CBS 4:2:2 signals to my Panasonic smart TV or my IPhone 11 ?
Thanks in advance.

John

John, is your Mio connected to your router? If so, nothing else needs to be done to set-up the Mio. The Mio is already streaming to your network.

Don't know if your Smart TV brand/model provides an app to receive streams from an IP address? If so, you will need to add the service stream IP address in the TV's app.

To watch via a smartphone or tablet, download an Engima2 (Dreambox) app from the store and input the IP address assigned to the Mio by your router in the set-up menu. You can either watch Mio programming on your smartphone (tablet) or cast to a smart TV. The assigned network IP address is viewed in either the network menu of the Mio or in your router's "connected devices" menu. The E2 (Dreambox) player apps usually provide the ability to watch, change channels, basic editing and a real time signal quality meter.

Brian,

Thanks for the info, I’ll give it a try.
I have a strong wifi connection and hope that will suffice. Not sure if my smart TV can receive streams from
An IP address but will look into it. If not I’ll use my smartphone.
Thanks again and stay safe.

John

John, is your Mio connected to your router? If so, nothing else needs to be done to set-up the Mio. The Mio is already streaming to your network.

Don't know if your Smart TV brand/model provides an app to receive streams from an IP address? If so, you will need to add the service stream IP address in the TV's app.

To watch via a smartphone or tablet, download an Engima2 (Dreambox) app from the store and input the IP address assigned to the Mio by your router in the set-up menu. You can either watch Mio programming on your smartphone (tablet) or cast to a smart TV. The assigned network IP address is viewed in either the network menu of the Mio or in your router's "connected devices" menu. The E2 (Dreambox) player apps usually provide the ability to watch, change channels, basic editing and a real time signal quality meter.
Thanks for the info. I was given an Amazon Fire tablet last week. Went to the Appstore and downloaded Dreambox Player. Input the MIO IP and works very well. I'm surprised. :)

Reactions: Titanium
It's Dreambox Player Not just Dream
And not sure if it's different but I have a Fire Tablet not the TV thing
Searched for dreambox player and that was one of two results. Other result was available on Android tablets but not Fire TV. Guess I'm outta luck. :rollingeyes Thanks for the reply though. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)