Fox v. Dish (& Cablevision): A reasoned article!

If FOX really wants $5/month/sub they really should cut the commercials down to less than 5 minutes per hour. They need to decide if they are going to be pay TV like HBO or a commercial network.

Reactions: reddice
I dont know why DISH is publishing a list of FOX sponsors so viewers can contact them and tell them they cant see their ads because FOX pulled their signal from DISH.

Normally in these disputes DISH is very vocal, but in this dispute they have been very quiet, almost like they dont want to rock the boat too much...

Because the Fox O&O issue is when they will howl, and so will Fox, and, like the Timer/Warner vs. Disney (ABC O&O's) and the CBS O&O vs. Dish dispute, Congress will likely be forced to threaten to do "something", just like in the cited disputes. of course Congress didn't really do anything but hold a brief hearing and pushed the 2 parties to agreements so Washington could get back to doing whatever it is they do. As big as pay TV is, it is still the local broadcasters, especially the O&O's in the largest markets that really sting the viewer. No House, or other Fox broadcast shows? Good heavens, you can hear the phones ringing in the congressmens' offices.

Because the Fox O&O issue is when they will howl, and so will Fox, and, like the Timer/Warner vs. Disney (ABC O&O's) and the CBS O&O vs. Dish dispute, Congress will likely be forced to threaten to do "something", just like in the cited disputes. of course Congress didn't really do anything but hold a brief hearing and pushed the 2 parties to agreements so Washington could get back to doing whatever it is they do. As big as pay TV is, it is still the local broadcasters, especially the O&O's in the largest markets that really sting the viewer. No House, or other Fox broadcast shows? Good heavens, you can hear the phones ringing in the congressmens' offices.

You are replying to a post from 11 years ago.

Attachments

• FC212416-0960-4FA7-BFE7-E4D8D1F13697.jpeg
    FC212416-0960-4FA7-BFE7-E4D8D1F13697.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 89
You are replying to a post from 11 years ago.
He, he. I have caught myself starting to replay to really old posts and then STOPPED! Evidently I faild to look at the date. I've seen quite a number of others replying to really old posts. Yes, sad really old posts can't be color coded :). Thanks for the "heads up." I don't like responding to really old post.

Is there any way to "color code" or otherwise hilite posts that are more than 1 year old, or six months old?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts