Fox video and audio not in sync

mailman390

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Connecticut
I'm in CT.....channel 61 FOX has been doing this ALL the time.......especially during football on Sunday! You hear a stutter every 5 seconds or so and the video and audio are way out of sync. I'm trying to watch House but it sucks when his lips move after you hear him talk!!! Anyone else have this problem?? HELP!!! I have 3 different model receivers and it happens on all of them.

I've had a similar problem with ABC in my town a year back. What seemed to be happening was that the signal at Dish's collection site (they used an antenna to pick up the signal to send up to the satellite) had minor reception problems and that was the result. Even complaining to dish it took a while before it was fixed, and I'm not sure it was fixed because of me at all.

I have had a problem with TNT not in sync. It is like that on every show so I just quit watching that channel.:rant:

I have also noticed it on a couple of other channels but it was only for a little while and then was ok?

mailman390 said:
I'm in CT.....channel 61 FOX has been doing this ALL the time.......especially during football on Sunday! You hear a stutter every 5 seconds or so and the video and audio are way out of sync. I'm trying to watch House but it sucks when his lips move after you hear him talk!!! Anyone else have this problem?? HELP!!! I have 3 different model receivers and it happens on all of them.

Yes this problem is VERY annoying. Report the problem to Dish Networks Twitter account so they will fix it.

You could try contacting the Local Station. I contacted my Local Stations when I had issue with my Locals on Directv. I now have Dish. The local station can contact Dish & they usually get farther with someone that a customer does.

The stuttering sound and infrequent yellow screen only happens on Fox that is carried by dish, I notified Dish but nothing has changed. I also receive ota signal from a different Fox station with no problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)