FOX43 in PA constantly glitching.

wolfievtec

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2011
Anyone else having FOX43 glitching issues in PA? It’s the only channel having issues. I’ve called Directv several times and they say it’s a known issue but it’s been doing it for weeks. Football is unwatchable.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

On the nfl ST channels there is occasional "skip"

I have noticed this for a while before 1pm

But the acticual game is smooth

Since your talking about a local channel it might be a different issue ....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yeah my Fox Sunday Ticket games are all smooth too it’s just my local FOX43 constantly glitches.

Reactions: dtv757
Anyone else having FOX43 glitching issues in PA? It’s the only channel having issues. I’ve called Directv several times and they say it’s a known issue but it’s been doing it for weeks. Football is unwatchable.

Do you happen to have the OTA version available to you ?

If so, check that and see if its also happening.

You can also contact the Local station and see IF they are having any issues ...

Reactions: raoul5788
I have noticed this in the past. I have seen this happening from time to time for weeks now with Fox43.

Me too and so do others I know have Directv in the area. I’m glad to know It’s not just me. I’m hoping there’s a fix soon.

I have D* but do not get the local channels. I used to get all of the local channels OTA (except for PBS33). So I never got the D* local channels. I live about 15 miles south of York, PA (Fox43). I used to get a very strong signal for Fox43; however, last year with the repackaging of the OTA I no longer get Fox43 at all. Prior to that I never had an issue with the Fox43 OTA signal. So I can not tell you whether the current pixilation is a local or D* issue. I also lost OTA ABC27 and IND29 for over a year. I can now get both OTA now. So the only local channels I can not get OTA are Fox43 and PBS33. I am thinking about dropping D* since the only thing I watch on D* are the sports channels and a few news channels. Hardly worth the $110 a month for service. Your comment about the quality of the D* Fox43 is another reason for me to drop D*.

That’s a good idea. I’ll see who I can get ahold of tomorrow.

Chances are they won't acknowledge it ... unless its been an ongoing issue that they know about.

If you sound like you know whats going on you may get somewhere if they are interested.

The station probably needs to reset its encoder. By the way, you're describing the glitches, it almost seems like a PCR accuracy issue with the station. If it's an ongoing issue, I'm sure DirecTV is aware of it and it's usually 100 percent of the time an issue with the local. DirecTV has analyzers at each LCF that can see the locals signal before it hits any of DirecTV's equipment to help local broadcasters diagnose issues with their transmissions via DirecTV Techs. There are a few infamous stations out there that seem to always have issues, and it's usually the low budget low powered ones.

Reactions: Jimbo
The station probably needs to reset its encoder. By the way, you're describing the glitches, it almost seems like a PCR accuracy issue with the station. If it's an ongoing issue, I'm sure DirecTV is aware of it and it's usually 100 percent of the time an issue with the local. DirecTV has analyzers at each LCF that can see the locals signal before it hits any of DirecTV's equipment to help local broadcasters diagnose issues with their transmissions via DirecTV Techs. There are a few infamous stations out there that seem to always have issues, and it's usually the low budget low powered ones.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Directv claims they know it’s an issue but it’s been going on for months now. I tried to call Fox 43 engineering Dept and got no reply to my voicemail. I have a Directv tech coming Thursday to my house to double check everything on my end is good.

Check with your neighbors who pick up that channel via cable, OTA or Dish. If they see the same thing, then you know it is the station.

If it is the station, and they won't respond, the only thing left would be to call the network to complain about their affiliate. I don't know how you'd do that or if it is even possible.

Check with your neighbors who pick up that channel via cable, OTA or Dish. If they see the same thing, then you know it is the station.

If it is the station, and they won't respond, the only thing left would be to call the network to complain about their affiliate. I don't know how you'd do that or if it is even possible.

OTA and Dish are fine.

A co-worker with Direct was just complaining about this past Sunday nights football game being unwatchable. Jumps and pixelation every 60 seconds.

I tried contacting Fox43 over a year ago regarding their OTA guide data on Dish Network and never got a reply. When you call the station your only options are advertising or newsroom. Now that they channel share with WITF I'm not sure how much of an engineering department is still intact.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Directv claims they know it’s an issue but it’s been going on for months now. I tried to call Fox 43 engineering Dept and got no reply to my voicemail. I have a Directv tech coming Thursday to my house to double check everything on my end is good.

You haven't said if you have tried comparing the ota signal to Directv.

You haven't said if you have tried comparing the ota signal to Directv.

I haven’t tried OTA yet but some others on local cable said they experienced issues too however not as bad as Directv. Others streaming on YouTube TV experienced no issues. I’m not sure if Im able to pick up an OTA signal where I’m located but I may give it a try this Sunday.

I haven’t tried OTA yet but some others on local cable said they experienced issues too however not as bad as Directv. Others streaming on YouTube TV experienced no issues. I’m not sure if Im able to pick up an OTA signal where I’m located but I may give it a try this Sunday.

If those are true that Local Cable people are having issues as well, then it sounds like a Local channel issue.

Reactions: raoul5788

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)