FoxNow App "Not Authorized"

JayStil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
DISH finally came to an agreement with our local FOX network in the Springfield MA DMA (after the ownership changed) and the channel was added a short time ago. However when trying to use the FoxNow app on the Roku I get a "upgrade your programming at mydish.com/programming" message.

If you read Fox's FAQ it says to contact DISH.

Does the FOXNOW app work for any DISH customers?

We do not authorize the FX Now app. There is a difference between FX and Fox. We do authorize Fox at Fox.com

It is FoxNow, not FXNow. Specifically my wife is trying to watch the Sleepy Hollow series, which is on FOX.

For what it's worth I get a similar message at FOX.com "Your TV Provider package currently does not allow you to watch this content. Please contact your service provider to request access"

Currently watching the pilot of Empire on FOXNOW! Yes, no FXNOW, to clarify. They really should have come up with a better differentiation of the two FROM THE START.

Reactions: ChadT41
Currently watching the pilot of Empire on FOXNOW! Yes, no FXNOW, to clarify. They really should have come up with a better differentiation of the two FROM THE START.

So it does work for somebody.

Matt, any idea what I can do to get this straightened out?

The same outfit owns the local ABC affilliate, which was added to DISH at the same time as FOX. Full episodes at ABC.com are authorized and I can view them.

Last edited:
When I go to watch foxnow, dish does not appear as an option.

It is an option for me. I get a code to enter at foxnow/activate and it appears to work. I get the DISH logo in the upper right corner of the Roku app. However when I try to play an episode, I get the "your provider does not allow you to watch this content" message. I believe show clips work for everybody, but full episodes require authentication.

Not only can I see any show I pick, some that do not say unlocked can in fact be watched, and start with "DISH customers are among the first to see new episodes..." As an example last night's Backstrom can be watched the next day.

It is an option for me. I get a code to enter at foxnow/activate and it appears to work. I get the DISH logo in the upper right corner of the Roku app. However when I try to play an episode, I get the "your provider does not allow you to watch this content" message. I believe show clips work for everybody, but full episodes require authentication.
Send me a PM with your account number and I will submit a technical problem report about this.

Will FXNow ever be made available to Dish subs? It seems weird that Dish and Fox didn't make this part of their recent agreement.
It may well have been a part of their agreement. But as it is with CBS and Showtime Go, it may yet to be implemented.

Send me a PM with your account number and I will submit a technical problem report about this.

Ok, will do.

Will FXNow ever be made available to Dish subs? It seems weird that Dish and Fox didn't make this part of their recent agreement.

The hodgepod of streaming agreements is a little hard to understand. No FXNow, but FX is available via DISH on Demand. FOXNOW looks like it's supposed to work, but there is no FOX via DISH on Demand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts