France 24 English on Intersat21 58W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
From Lyngsat:

4120 V / 27500 SR

I'd be really, really tempted to see if a 1.2 could pull in AJE and France 24 on 58W. With AJE going away on 97West and online (which...stupid, stupid move), I'm going to be looking around for news that isn't just the celebrity crap and the vapid egos on CNN/MSNBC/ETC...

Checked out 58w on my motorized 1.2 with a geosatpro c1 and I barely get a lock on both channels. Al is breaking up bad - I'm guessing I need more signal with the 7/8 FEC??
minibud.jpg eng58w.jpgfrance24eng58w.jpg

But then I just slapped on the lnb this hot afternoon without any further adjustment to focal distance, scalar, elevation, blah blah :p . You'll probably do a better job than me fine tuning in these channels.

France 24 is still there on 121W c-band, and Texas Cable news, which also does a good bit of US National stories. DW on 103W also has some US news shows, in English.

France 24 is still there on 121W c-band, and Texas Cable news, which also does a good bit of US National stories. DW on 103W also has some US news shows, in English.

Intelsat 58W contains DW-tv, NHK-1080iHD, France24, Arirang(S.Korea), all in English, imo, the best

What happened to Al Jazeera ? Why is it gone ? Any other C band sat who carries it ?

Not available anymore in the Western hemisphere as far as I know, due to Al Jazeera strategy and due to its launching of Al Jazeera America in the US, they have encrypted FTA signals for Al Jazeera English, and geoblocked the video stream in the US and their YouTube channel.

Check out this thread

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/317999-Al-Jazeera-Is-Now-Scrambled

Al Jazeera officials said privately that in the run-up to the premiere of the new American channel, they had little choice but to acquiesce to cable and satellite providers, which generally discourage online competition of the kind that Al Jazeera English previously represented. In effect they have sacrificed Internet distribution for a shot at traditional distribution
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/al-jazeera-americas-inauspicious-debut/

Strangely i do not receive France24 on my current 58W set-up but both DW work fine.
I had it right next to Al Jazeera.

Also it is marked as "Favorite". so it had to work before.

Any idea ?
Did it move to another tp?

thanks

Strangely i do not receive France24 on my current 58W set-up but both DW work fine.

Any idea ?

thanks

I still haven´t my 58w C band set up (project that I will continue despite Al Jazeera no longer being there).

I understand from recent posts that yes, France 24 is still there, 2 channels one in English and the other one in French. On 4120 V 27500 according to Lyngsat.

Another option for news in english on that sat seems to be NHK world with a very strong signal on 4040 H 26590.

Both of your DW are on tp 3840

Any idea ?

thanks
Rescan. It is there on 4120 V 27500 SR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)