FREE C-Band Satellite Dish (Petoskey, MI)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bartles

Original poster
May 11, 2016
stl
C-Band Satellite Dish

Free 10+ foot in diameter satellite dish. Previous own was a HAM enthusiast and had an independent radio station. All pieces are available but not assembled.

Must pick up

****This is not my ad, just found it out in the wild,also this one.

Free scrap metal

1980’s satellite dish in our side yard- free to anyone who wants to remove it for free on your own & scrap the metal.

Free scrap metal

1980’s satellite dish in our side yard- free to anyone who wants to remove it for free on your own & scrap the metal.

Look carefully at the photo, there appears to be a big dent in the lower left quadrant which makes me think it was either dropped or it's severely rusted in that area. That's not to say it could not be fixed and made to work, but you'd need to invest some time and patience and might never get a completely accurate parabola. Not something I personally would travel any distance to get, but then I have no metalworking skills to speak of.

I want it!!

...but how does one move a single piece 10' dish? Any ideas?

Does U-Haul even offer a rental big enough to accomodate that? I guess if you situated it vertically you could transport it on standard roads...

Kids playing on it isn't going to help... If it's a spun aluminum dish it doesn't take much to dent unless it's a real heavy duty Andrews/channel master type.

Kids playing on it isn't going to help... If it's a spun aluminum dish it doesn't take much to dent unless it's a real heavy duty Andrews/channel master type.

I enlarged it, and spun the photo around. It's a DH dish, which means it IS likely a spun aluminum.

I'd love to have that dish. It should be absolutely awesome on both C and KU band, if installed correctly.
DH Satellite website:

Home

Not familiar with DH but being commercial they are likely heavier than consumer units from the 80's etc.
Yes you can't beat a solid dish when in good condition & installed properly. I have collected a few.. :)

absolutely awesome

Not familiar with DH but being commercial they are likely heavier than consumer units from the 80's etc.
Yes you can't beat a solid dish when in good condition & installed properly. I have collected a few.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)