Free C-band System - 10' Winegard Dish, ASC1, C1-PLL, STB - near Auburn, California

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Titanium

AI6US
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
Did I mention FREE???

A local amateur radio operator is moving and I am removing his 65' tower and 10' satellite dish on August 3rd in Applegate, CA. Dish and hardware looks to be in very good condition.

I have no need for another satellite dish, so would like to offer a killer package to anyone who wants to p/u the dish or a COMPLETE C-band system! Local PU only at my shop in Meadow Vista, CA.

Winegard 10' mesh dish, Chaparral CoRotor II feedhorn with 24" Von Weise motor

20190725_084555.jpg 20190725_084534.jpg 20190725_084630.jpg 20190725_084523.jpg

I will throw in to the sweeten the deal:
(1) Titanium Satellite ASC1 Controller Positioner - Refurbished
(1) C1-PLL LNBF - Open box
(1) DVBS2 STB - Test unit from bench (several to choose from)

Last edited:
WOW! That's beyond a killer deal! That's a fantastic dish and system.

Alan, if you don't already have a good receiver, you should consider purchasing and also picking up the Edision OS MIO receiver Brian carries. Or even wait a bit more, and pick up the Plus version of that receiver that's coming out soon. Then you'll have the best of the BEST all around!

Success! Al and I removed, disassembled and loaded the Winegard 10' into his truck for the long drive back to Vanvouver, Washington. Met up with Al at 7am and we were done loading by 9:30. No photos, but I promise that it really happened!

Since there were only the two of us, we retracted the dish motor to the eastern limit, rotated on the pole so it was closest to ground on the sloping hillside, detached the reflector from the polar mount and lowered it to the ground with a rope.

All hardware was in great shape and easily removed. Broke the reflector into 4 sections a put all hardware into a poly bag. Found a hoard of acorns in the feedhorn cover and even a few hidden inside the feedhorn support legs! A wasps nest had to be dispatched and I found out how fast I could run after disturbing them.

On the way out, Al stopped by the shop and picked up a few free goodies and updated his Dr.HD 1000s+ meter with the latest firmware for STAB motor resetting and a fresh satellite / transponder file.

By 11am, I was back home sitting in the shade drinking a gallon of water in the 98 degree heat. What a productive morning!

Great to see you Al and glad the gear has found a great new home!

98 degrees! It was up to 90 degrees here in Michigan last year when I took down and removed the SAMI 7.5ft dish I got from a guy. On a 15' pole, with 300lbs of cement on it. Luckily right next to his garage though, so I could go on the roof and remove the dish and mount first. Still, not easy to do at our age in that sort of heat.

Reactions: Titanium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)