Free C band system!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cband1985

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 25, 2005
Tn
I have a complete c band system that I will give to the first person to take it down and haul it away. This system consists of.

1. 9 foot perforated spun aluminum dish with actuator, lnb, and etc.
2. General Instruments GI 450 receiver with manual and remote.
3. STS LSR receiver with manual and remote.
4.Spare actuator

This is located about 30 miles north of Nashville Tn. about 5 miles off I-65. System was still working up until about a year and a half ago. Coax finally crapped out going into the house. Only lasted 22 years! I moved on to a FTA small dish.

I have a complete c band system that I will give to the first person to take it down and haul it away. This system consists of.

1. 9 foot perforated spun aluminum dish with actuator, lnb, and etc.
2. General Instruments GI 450 receiver with manual and remote.
3. STS LSR receiver with manual and remote.
4.Spare actuator

This is located about 30 miles north of Nashville Tn. about 5 miles off I-65. System was still working up until about a year and a half ago. Coax finally crapped out going into the house. Only lasted 22 years! I moved on to a FTA small dish.

If someone doesn't take this pretty soon I might have to buy some new sat cable and hook it up. Where is a good place for c-band sat cable?

You should be able to post pictures here on the forum.
Wonder what brand that spun aluminum perforated dish might be?
Sorta sounds like maybe a Birdview, but the motor you mentioned suggests otherwise.
I'm no BUD expert , but I'm sure with some pictures or more info, we can help you get rid of it or get it going, as you choose. - :up

I think the dish is DH. Could be wrong, I bought it in 1985. It is a very sturdy one piece dish similar to the Birdview but without the H-H motor. Why is the Birdview such a holy grail? Has to be the h-h motor right. Back when I bought my system there were several that outperformed or at least equaled Birdview for considerably less money.

Attachments

• A80pics 001.jpg
    A80pics 001.jpg
    901.7 KB · Views: 215
  • A80pics 002.jpg
    A80pics 002.jpg
    847.7 KB · Views: 191
  • A80pics 003.jpg
    A80pics 003.jpg
    882.4 KB · Views: 184
  • A80pics 004.jpg
    A80pics 004.jpg
    904.5 KB · Views: 191
I suspect the Birdview was just a high-priced Cadillac of its day.
And there were quite a few of 'em sold
They were sturdy, so they're still a good performer today.
And, one of our members has recently popularized 'em with his experiments.

It's quite possible your DH is just as good on C-band.
Haven't seen many members on here with 'em, though.
The holes look a bit large, so I wonder how it works on Ku?
Personally, I don't care - Ku is what 1m Primestar dishes are for. :up
I'm in a pretty dry environment, so there's no such thing as rain fade around here on Ku.

Great pix. Thanks for posting!
Wish I lived a bit closer - I'd have already come over and relieved you of it! :D

i would love to have it but right now its too far hopefully i will be getting a birdview from swampman :)

how much ribbon cable do you need ? also one or two coax ribbon cable ?

If someone doesn't take this pretty soon I might have to buy some new sat cable and hook it up. Where is a good place for c-band sat cable?

:eek: I would not get rid of it! Your FTA KU Receiver will do C band! Use this still nice looking dish for it. If your cables are 20 some years old just replace the coax, motor wires and enjoy the heck out of it! Our sponsor Sadoun Satellite Sales can help you with all the new wire you would need for getting the big boy back up and going on your new FTA Receiver! Would you get rid of the car if it had 4 bald tires? Heck no, hang onto it and revive the old girl! :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)