FREE Center Ice due to Versus contract Dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
FYI.. just to put everything in context.. I'm already getting DVR service free and $10 my programming off for 12 months... BEFORE this deal. So i'm getting the center ice deal and save 16+ month in addition to it.

I am just saying.

If you want free center ice then that is your choice. But it will eventually count against you, if your the type of customer who crys wolf all the time. that is all I am saying.

But I am less willing to break out my credit check book to a customer who just got a 169 dollar credit for Center Ice vs one who hasnt.

So it is a double edged sword.

I'll enjoy my double edge sword while watching NHL Center Ice for free in addition to $16 off per month for a year. Some people find negative in everything.

I am just saying.

If you want free center ice then that is your choice. But it will eventually count against you, if your the type of customer who crys wolf all the time. that is all I am saying.

But I am less willing to break out my credit check book to a customer who just got a 169 dollar credit for Center Ice vs one who hasnt.

True, but what do you do if there are legitimate issues from different areas? Let's say installation and then something like this. They are not connected at all and if credit is due for each to keep the customer happy then so be it. Agree?

True, but what do you do if there are legitimate issues from different areas? Let's say installation and then something like this. They are not connected at all and if credit is due for each to keep the customer happy then so be it. Agree?

There is two types of credit we have.

Policy credit/ example would be like you were charge for a service call 49.95 and you have protection plan. By policy you should not have been charged.

discretionary credit / which is at my discretion. Things like that would include ppv charge reversal, general credit for a customer who is upset over something , Customer did not read the fine print credit.
3 out of 5 credits I issue is discretionary So if I see a large discretionary credit for nhl I not likely to give you more. But wont stop me from giving policy credits

But I made a thread about credit flag/letter deal, things like this does lead to the flag being raised on customer who get a considerable amount of credit each year already.

I will not stop someone from trying to get this deal just say everything we does affect someting else.

those 2 things are different though

1. is make the customer happy credit ( nhl)

2. is policy credit which we give for things like time with out service service calls with people who have protection plan etc.

Too much happy customer credit and it will limit your ability to get happy customer credit in the future for a while.

There is two types of credit we have.

Policy credit/ example would be like you were charge for a service call 49.95 and you have protection plan. By policy you should not have been charged.

discretionary credit / which is at my discretion. Things like that would include ppv charge reversal, general credit for a customer who is upset over something , Customer did not read the fine print credit.
3 out of 5 credits I issue is discretionary So if I see a large discretionary credit for nhl I not likely to give you more. But wont stop me from giving policy credits

But I made a thread about credit flag/letter deal, things like this does lead to the flag being raised on customer who get a considerable amount of credit each year already.

I will not stop someone from trying to get this deal just say everything we does affect someting else.

Good stuff!!!! Thanks.

Ok...second attempt got me the NHL CI Package for $81. I waited for the free offer or any type of credit, but never got it. So, I just asked for a one time credit and he said to please hold on. he came back and said the best they could do was half off...So, I said yes.

I just got $10.00 off a month for the next 6 months. Did not get a freebee but 60 bucks is not bad. Thanks for the heads up!

I am just saying.

lets see, last year dtv gave me almost $300 in bill credits, 3 months of free showtime and free sunday ticket super fan. this year, its free super fan and free center ice. i believe your point is moot.

free center ice

for those that do not believe this is true here is the proof that is is

Attachments

• image1.png
    image1.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 238
Good for you just stating fact. You probably be one of the ones eventually who will eventually leave directv when the giving well dries up.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I had a difficult time calling into Directv to whine and complain about a service I truly love. I've been a subscriber to D* and CI since 98 or 99, never missed a bill never called in to complain and ask for credits. I normally don't like to cry wolf or even lie just so I can get something in return so it took me a few days to muster up enough will to go ahead with it.

So I called today, explained my loyal customer, hockey fanatic story, even went into how I worked for an installation sub and how I love the service. But then I went into how I just hooked up my local cable provider to obtain Versus and I waited till the last minute to see if D* would sign a deal. Well they haven't so now I'm calling in. I stated several of my family and friends were also upset by this and received free Center Ice and was wondering if I was eligible for the same offering.

Sure enough I was, got the full $163 credit, $10 off a month for a year, I then asked if I was eligible for a free receiver upgrade and I got an HD DVR which will be installed tomorrow! Yes, I understand I just locked myself into a 2yr commitment but the fact of the matter is, I have no plans to leave anyway.

That said, I still feel kinda guilty running away with all of this but after 10 years of being a loyal guy who always speaks highly of D* to anyone he knows, I figure this is the least D* can do to show some customer appreciation.

What I don't like are people on the hockey message boards asking if they think this whole negotiation trick will work if they don't have D* and are a new customer! Now THAT is something to piss and moan about. Talk about taking advantage and being a total slimeball

I seriously doubt anything I negotiated today will effect my standing in any other disputes I have down the road.

Also, I hope D* doesn't mind, but I plugged this tactic on a phone-in call to NHL Network's NHL Live yesterday. Hockey fans deserve some love!

One word: LIAR!

DirecTV doesn't give away free service because you're mad at them. If they did I'd call and say they don't have enough HD channels and hopefully I'd get free Playboy Channel...
come on blue eyes keep it calm......... why lie about something like this??? :)

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you you guys RULE
they kinda stoned me at first, then.
what am i going to tell my little boys that play hockey ? they know it starts thursday.
it worked like a charm.

I tried it and didn't get free Center Ice (probably because it already had automatically benn renewed), got free HD service for 12 months and a $100 credit.

Thanks for the heads-up, guys. As always when I talk to Directv I was very nice and very polite and I even shot the sh!t with her. She was a very nice lady working at a call center in Alabama. She initially offered me my choice of either an up front credit of $100 on the price of NHL CI or 12 months of DVR service free. I went with the $100 credit just to have it up front in case for some reason we leave Directv. But after talking to her about her cold and going to the Doctor's office and me just being genuinely nice to her, she gave me BOTH the $100 credit AND a year of DVR service free for a total of $220 in credits. So just remember when you talk to these people, BE NICE.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)