Free channels from Galaxy 19

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelvil

Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
HAITI
Hi there,
Please would you help me with receiving free channels from Galaxy-19 with my Viewsat Vs2000 Ultra ? I'd prefer a detailed explanation please. I'm new to FTA. By the way where (website) can I get a remote for my Viewsat Vs2000 Ultra at lower cost ? A secure website where I can use a credit card securely.
Thanks so much

you could try with a 4 foot dish but a 5-6 foot dish is recommended for your location (haiti)....i am assuming you are talking about ku-band....

I wonder why the Dish has to be so big for Haiti?. I am in Toronto and I get Hispasat at 30W with an 80 cm Dish and the power levels are almost the same than Galaxy 19 in Haiti, 46 dBW. I Think a 90 cm dish is enough and that is only 3 feet as per the SAT operator Intelsat. Dishpointer is using SAtcoDX maps for dish size prediction but both are wrongly using Galaxy 25 @ 93.1W coverage maps for Galaxy 19 at 97W.

As per dishpointer.com assuming you are in Haiti's capital, your aiming numbers are. Elevation 54.4 . Magnetic Azimuth: 245 degrees and you will have to Skew or rotate the LNB 51 degrees clockwise if looking from behind the dish. To Skew the LNB just rotate it in its plastic holder, most holders have 5 degrees markings but if not then I think 30 degrees is 5 minutes on the watch.

Check our The List for the strongest active TP and select that one on your Viewsat dish pointing menu and listen for the beep when the signal is found. Be patient , very patient, fist time it could take days to lock the fist signal , then it becomes piece of cake. the dish usually have an Elevation scale and then use a compass to pint the dish towards the proper Magnetic Azimuth. Try to make sure your pole is plumb although on a fixed dish setup adjustments can be made rather easily.

I rather buy the remote locally from a local satellite store if it is available if not try this store here in Brampton , ON, Canada at Viewsat Ultra Remote Control - World Wide Satellites
they sell the Ultra remote for 15 USD but more likely shipping from Canada would be too much. At the top of the page there are sponsors who are satellite dealers and might sell remote as well , check their websites, the should be able to ship it cheaper since they are USA based. Other known to me and locally SAT dealers with websites are www.DrSat.ca, www.AngelElectronics.ca and Ricks Satellite in USA.

As usual I almost forgot , Welcome to the Forum and with the help of our members you will soon be hooked into this wonderfull world of SAT Comms. Feel free to ask more questions but do not forget to read the FAQ or search our forum as well.

Off Topic: How are the Cuban Doctors STILL treating you guys? I heard cholera death rates among patients attended by Cuban Doctors were almost non existant now (thanks more likely due to the active sceening campaing to detect potential risks and educational campaing among locals carried by Cuban health personnal). I was told almost from the very beggining cholera death rate among patients attended by Cuban doctors (well in their advantage we should consider that Cuba already had several medical teams spread throughout Haiti even before the Earthqueake, easily over 300 doctors) were always the lowest when compared to patients treated by even the US Army. Is that right?

As usual I could be wrong though.

We have shipped many Glorystar systems to Haiti and Dominican Republic with the standard 90cm dish. Galaxy19 in Haiti is well served with a 90cm dish. Customers report typical SQ on the weakest transponder far above the signal threshold. No need for a larger dish size unless it is local and cheap!

Retailers usually do not directly ship small diameter single dish orders from the US or Canada to the Caribbean islands. Caribbean customer orders are typically shipped to their South Florida based freight forwarder.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys forum. While hd fan suggests other vendors in the industry, I would always ask that you consider the supporting the sponsors of the SatelliteGuys website for your satellite needs!

is the signal on G19 going down in stringth?.
it took me 30mins to set up prtable the outher day and had to do it over anouther day.
im running 90cm Ku dish and feed that came with my geosat pro 1100
on trypod for remote setups.

thank you for help with this.
Armourplate in Louisiana

No, the signal is as good as always, Make sure your dish is straight, by putting two strings on the face of the dish one vertical and one horizontal - they should just touch each other where they cross. Make sure the LNB skew is set correctly for your location.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts