Free channels with a 4DTV 920 ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bb_user

Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
I am just getting started I have a 4DTV GI 920 with a mesh 12' dish. I got my limits set for the dish, programmed the satellites and had the system rehit . Are there any free channels i can receive with this setup ? I called a satellite store and they no and wanted to sell me a different receiver. I did check out other websites and can only find FTA channels like RTN or ABC on G-0
KCBU RTN Salt Lake City UT English 11799-V 26660 65 66 KCBU Can anyone tell me if this can be done with my system ? Are there other freg. for the 4dtv receivers to get these channels ? Also is there software or hacks to improve this system ? I did find the 4play program , but was unsure how stable it was. Thanks for any help with this.

Most of the free channels are either
-analog
-DVB

The stuff you posted above is DVB and would need a different box for. In terms of the 920 if you can see KU
-Georgia PBS is on AMC3 (K3) channel 640
-check out X4 (G4 at 99W)..lots of audio

for analog G4 also has a couple analog channels on C-Band. There is still alot up there. The 920 is mainly for subscribed programming but there is some free stuff

On C3, I get channels: 610 DISCOVERY KIDS, 611 MILITARY CHANNEL, 612 DISCOVERY SCIENCE, and so on. I have no subscription. Sometimes these channels will not be on but since I bought the GI 920 (used) I have enjoyed other channels on other satellites. I had found that using the generic satellites I came across The Sleuth Channel. It is time consuming to figure out these satellites and extra channels.

On C3, I get channels: 610 DISCOVERY KIDS, 611 MILITARY CHANNEL, 612 DISCOVERY SCIENCE, and so on. I have no subscription. Sometimes these channels will not be on but since I bought the GI 920 (used) I have enjoyed other channels on other satellites. I had found that using the generic satellites I came across The Sleuth Channel. It is time consuming to figure out these satellites and extra channels.

Great, tell the whole world about it.:eek:

I bought the GI 920 from a friend who decided to go to FTA altogether. He watch DishNet for his subscriptions. Since he move from time to time he had to give up the BUD system and that is how I lucked up with the 920. :cool:
He used to have subscription from NPS Programming. It set up for a long tine before I came along and bought it from him. I did a master reset after setting the dish, the east/west limits, and other fine tuning, I went to G1 TP3 and left it there to download whatever it download and remap the receiver.
It was a pleasant surprise that I can get those channels on C3. I heard about programming the "generic" satellites and tried it. I got some good channels, such as The Sleuth Channel. Then the channel would disappear, moving to another satellite. Doing the generic satellites is time consuming and requires patience. And it is legal! Find 4DTV Forum and seek info about the generic satellites.
Since my old pole of the C Band system has slightly tilted a little, it is very hard to find tune these satellites. Soon when I move into my house, the dish I use will be put on a new level pole and it will be easier for me to get those "free" channnels.
Like I said a few threads ago, sometimes I don't get the C3 channels all the time, but when I do I watch them. :D

Mr FTA Man,

No need to explain, I wouldn't be too concerned about the above comment. I have always said that if program providers uplink something ITC and think that no one will be watching it are not as smart as we give them credit for:rolleyes:. But, in the future to keep the natives from getting restless anytime you want to discuss that "subject" with another member, PM them.:)

Thank You

Thank you for all your help . After a few days of playing around i did get a few new channels . Would you mind MrFTAMan if I PM you on a few question ? I don't want to post or have anyone else post something that we don't want everyone to know. I will also read up on the generic satellite posts that may also clear up how to program in a few new channels .

Thank you for all your help . After a few days of playing around i did get a few new channels . Would you mind MrFTAMan if I PM you on a few question ? I don't want to post or have anyone else post something that we don't want everyone to know. I will also read up on the generic satellite posts that may also clear up how to program in a few new channels .

Yea, you can. Can't promise you much.

Why be so hush hush If evrything is susppose to be such a secret why have a forum,I thought that is what the forums were for,Getting knowledge why bother being called a tester

Last edited:
Why be so hush hush If evrything is susppose to be such a secret why have a forum,I thought that is what the forums were for,Getting knowledge why bother being called a tester

It is not to bright to mention feeds and certain ways of getting feeds in a open forum, this causes channels to go encrypted and yes it has happened, also ways to get channels can be taken away from us if word gets around, so keeping things on low key or a "secret" is best.

It is not to bright to mention feeds and certain ways of getting feeds in a open forum, this causes channels to go encrypted and yes it has happened, also ways to get channels can be taken away from us if word gets around, so keeping things on low key or a "secret" is best.

This is so true. Keeping things quiet may seem mean, but broadcasting to the world say, ie HBO is ITC on this satellite using this generic map would be a sure fire way it will get encrypted ASAP.

Some people know where to look and what to watch for. Once you know the places with your receiver to check periodically it's just a matter of checking them every so often to find that gem ITC. :)

This should not be posted in public. The more expose it is, the more chance they will get back to encrypted mode.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)