Free dish for 61.5 satellite

Iceberg said:
Tony
There are some on 148 that qualify too, but the ones where ALL are on 148 don't :)

Correct.

the locals areas that qualify for a free dish at 148 are the following:

Dallas, TX (1)
Denver, CO (7)
Fresno, CA (3)
Houston, TX (5)
Las Vegas, NV (1)
Little Rock, AR (2)
Los Angeles, CA (3)
Omaha, NE (1)
Sacramento, CA (2)
Salt Lake City, UT (2)
San Francisco, CA (9)
Santa Barbara, CA (1)
Seattle, WA (2)
Souix Falls, SD (2)
Spokane, WA (2)
Tulsa, OK (3)
Waco, TX (1)

----------------

The locals at 148 that do NOT qualify for a free dish because they are ALL at 148 are the following:
Abilene/Sweetwater, TX
Amarillo, TX
Billings, MT
Cheyenne, WY
Grand Junction, CO
Idaho Falls/Pocatello, ID
Lubbock, TX
Medford, OR
Rapid City, SD
Twin Falls, ID

See ya
Tony

Does this include the surrounding suburbs?

Iceberg said:
bob

If you have locals, you will get CBS-HD for free since WCCO is Owned & operated. If you don't have locals, I don't think you can get CBS-HD

But anyone in the Minneapolis DMA and have locals...if you want the 2nd dish for free, call Dish and tell them you need it for KAWE Channel 22 (8583 on old receivers)...Don't say anything about Voom channels because they will try to get you to pay $100

on a side note....Its funny that KAWE can be seen in places that would never be able to see them (any place south of St Cloud).

This might be a stupid question, but does this include the surrounding suburbs as well? I live in Maple Grove, Mn which is a NW suburb of Minneapolis. I was also a Voom customer and sad to see it go. I would like get the free dish in case we decide to get the Voom HD channels once again.

yes

anybody in the Minneapolis DMA that has locals qualifies. The DMA is HUGE!! Runs all the way to Bemidji down to the border :)

Minneapolis.gif

Thanks. I'm making the call tonight when I get home. I also want them to hook up my OTA Square Shootter that Voom has so graciously left me with and Dish just unplugged and now sits idle on my roof.

Does anyone happen to know if the OTA's work the same with the 942 as they did with Voom's box? I'd like to hook it up to my three rooms if possible without drilling more holes in my walls.

Maybe I can pursuade the installer of my "free" dish to install this as well.

just a note that you have to be subscribed to the Mpls locals to get the free dish....if you decide to do OTA, cancel them after the install (wait a couple days or so) :)

but tell them you need it for a channel that says I need a 2nd dish and tell them "KAWE 22"

Thanks for the help. I will do that.

Since you work in Maple Grove, maybe you could swing on over and tell me what I need to get my dish and ota working together on all three boxes.

Well I called and know their system will automatically add 100.00 if you select VOOM no matter what you do it add the extra dish. If you don't want the dish the Voom channels automatic go away in their sytem and package goes to 31.99 for 3 months. She said that they are using superdishes for 61.5 know the save on dishes and if anyone wanted to add VOOM they will have to come out and install the extra dish.

What is this BS the CSR's are saying. I also mentioned the VOOM dish works if you add a SW21 switch and they said you must use Dish approved equipment. I'm going to wait to see what you guys and gals have to say or I'm going to cancel everything. I'll stick with Comcast for now since it have twice has many HD has E* if you don't coun't Voom10.

called and got it

Just called, asked for a second dish, said I need the missing locals. The nice CSR came up an appointment right the way, just verified address etc, no any other questions asked. Verified no cost to me at all.
Sweat! I think they must know what's going on.

My must carry install is now complete. They installed a new dish 500 and removed my dishpro lnb and gave me legacy in its place on both dishes plus a sw21 switch the lnbs and switch were used not new parts. Now we know what free install must carry means.Every thing works ok. I guess we can not complain if it is all free install plus parts.

DPP44 question

Since I asked for locals only, anyone know when they come to install the second dish, will they provide me the DPP44? I have superdish now. Do I have to have DPP44 for Voom?

thanks,
Sam

samlooker said:
Just called, asked for a second dish, said I need the missing locals. The nice CSR came up an appointment right the way, just verified address etc, no any other questions asked. Verified no cost to me at all.

SimpleSimon said:
Right, it's NOT E* "policy", it's FCC regs.

If some stupid local broadcast shopping channel managed to qualify for "must carry", then E* has to treat them the same as any major network. :cool:
Could it be because they do not own the voom channels yet? (fcc blessing)

samlooker said:

I think you mean sweet :)

and the must carry is law, so the CSR's have to do it...but some figured it out especially if you have a HD box :)

bobd said:
My must carry install is now complete. They installed a new dish 500 and removed my dishpro lnb and gave me legacy in its place on both dishes plus a sw21 switch the lnbs and switch were used not new parts. Now we know what free install must carry means.Every thing works ok. I guess we can not complain if it is all free install plus parts.

Glad it worked out Bob!

samlooker said:
Since I asked for locals only, anyone know when they come to install the second dish, will they provide me the DPP44? I have superdish now. Do I have to have DPP44 for Voom?

thanks,
Sam

What locals do you have Sam? Some locals are on SD and that wouldn't qualify for the must carry

mindstein said:
Could it be because they do not own the voom channels yet? (fcc blessing)

must carry has nothing to do with it.....Dish put some locals on the wing slots, and the FCC says if you carry the locals, you have to treat them equally. Thats where the free dish comes in. Because if you called in and said
"I want ......" and they say "well its 100 bucks to install the dish to get that channel", you can go to the FCC and complain.

Iceberg,
I called last night and I too was greeted with a curtious CSR who kindly set me up with a second dish. No questions asked.

Now I'm only hoping I can get the installer to also connect my OTA when he comes out to install the second dish.

Thanks again for all your help. The info was invaluable (or at least worth $100 a pop).

CMaximus said:
Iceberg,
I called last night and I too was greeted with a curtious CSR who kindly set me up with a second dish. No questions asked.

cool. As long as you say you want the channels that need the 2nd dish, you're OK...its the ones who say "I need it for the old Voom HD" that they can get yopu for $100
Now I'm only hoping I can get the installer to also connect my OTA when he comes out to install the second dish.
the tech should be a Dish tech (not a subcontractor), so I dont know if they will...maybe offer a cold one (pop or other) or maybe some $$ :)
Thanks again for all your help. The info was invaluable (or at least worth $100 a pop).
answer a question for $100? Damn...maybe I'll drive over to collect that :D:D

Honestly, if they don't hook up the OTA, let me know (here or PM) and we might be able to help you out :)

Iceberg said:
What locals do you have Sam? Some locals are on SD and that wouldn't qualify for the must carry

I have PBS 11 on the 65.1. I confirmed with the csr that that the switch is included.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)