Free dish for a year if direct customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

littleguy

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 21, 2007
Charlotte NC
Today in the Charlotte Observer Dish ran an ad. Dish is offering the first 200 direct tv customers free service for a year. The one year includes over 200 top channels, free hd channels, free hd dvr receiver, and free installation. To be eligible you need to bring ini a current copy of your direct bill and appear in person tuesday apr 20th from 11 am to 2 pm at McCormick and Schmick's 4335 Barclay downs dr Charlotte NC. Guess they are going hardcore after direct in Charlotte.

Today in the Charlotte Observer Dish ran an ad. Dish is offering the first 200 direct tv customers free service for a year. The one year includes over 200 top channels, free hd channels, free hd dvr receiver, and free installation. To be eligible you need to bring ini a current copy of your direct bill and appear in person tuesday apr 20th from 11 am to 2 pm at McCormick and Schmick's 4335 Barclay downs dr Charlotte NC. Guess they are going hardcore after direct in Charlotte.

No thank you to HD Lite.

Same being offered in Denver. It says a free 922 and free 200 channel package for a year witha 2 year commitment. Not a bad offer if you are looking to switch.

There was talk about this over in the E* forums too.

If this were offered in the Harrisburg Pa area, I may just jump on it.

They sure enuff picked a high end "fish camp" to do their thing...Think I will stick it out at least thru the rest of my current commitment and see how the new HD pans out

200 people get 200 free HD channels for a year. Well, 50 some are PPV, and they're not free. Another 30 or so are part-time, so, uh, yeah. And if they put you in the east, well, that satellite isn't running yet, but, soon.

Then again, as a Dish customer you'll get used to that word soon, isn't it the first thing in the contract you sign, you acknowledge that anything you want or are upset by will be given to you soon, like the YES network.

Why do I smell a "bait and switch" sales pitch going on.

"Oh, so sorry sir, you are the 201 customer today, BUT, we do have this great offer here for you...." ;)

200 people get 200 free HD channels for a year. Well, 50 some are PPV, and they're not free. Another 30 or so are part-time, so, uh, yeah. And if they put you in the east, well, that satellite isn't running yet, but, soon.

Then again, as a Dish customer you'll get used to that word soon, isn't it the first thing in the contract you sign, you acknowledge that anything you want or are upset by will be given to you soon, like the YES network.
You also have to consider that these part-time HD channels are game only channels. Which technically means those outside of a local area cannot get them in HD (since out of market games are blacked out). Technically, these part time HD channels are not available nationally anyway. Since they do not carry EI, means that the games that are shown most of the RSNs (MLB) cannot be seen on these out of market RSNs anyway.

You also have to consider that these part-time HD channels are game only channels. Which technically means those outside of a local area cannot get them in HD (since out of market games are blacked out). Technically, these part time HD channels are not available nationally anyway. Since they do not carry EI, means that the games that are shown most of the RSNs (MLB) cannot be seen on these out of market RSNs anyway.
Game only HD that never show any HD Games. Go figure.

Game only HD that never show any HD Games. Go figure.

They did that to ALL Celtics (CSN) away games last year. Not to mention the occasional SD on the Red Sox (NESN) games. No way I'd go back. They lied to me on sign up. I left after 10 months. Good thing though, they waived the fees when I left. That was good of them.

This is a typical SONY situation

Soon
Only
Not
Yet

:D:D:D:D

DirecTV must be doing a similar program of some sort,

A co-worker who was a very long time DirecTV subscriber switched to Dish a year a go or so, he says got a call from DirecTV offering him all kinds of stuff, including paying his dish cancellation fees, if he had any.

I told him to ask for a HD DVR, or two, and the works, he has 5 IRD's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)