This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Free "dish movers"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Martyn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Annandale, VA
I'm moving soon and starting to thin the collection.

A couple of old analog receivers are first in line for recycling, unless someone wants them. Free, but I won't pay shipping (they're heavy). You pay or pickup (Silicon Valley)

General Instrument 550i
Drake ESR1824

The GI works, the Drake powers up and relays click so I presume it works. Remote controls included. They'll serve as dish movers. The GI has a handy RF remote, so you can switch satellites from out at the dish.

Reactions: Titanium and KE4EST
Those Drake receivers were extremely well built. I use one for a dish mover and have it programmed to go to a satellite position using the last 2 digits of the longitude entered into the remote, to move into position. Works great! YES - they are heavy, used real METAL, instead of plastic and composite to build the structure of the receiver, and have a transformer power supply instead of the wall-wart.... Will probably last forever....

You're right about that. It was thrown in when I bought a used C-band dish. I was a little amused to see it, the essentially worthless piece of gear it has become, because when I was a teen in the late 90s in the UK and satellite TV was just starting, the Drake and the Echostar 5500/6500 were THE ultimate receivers to own.

I lusted after one for so many years and could never afford it. Now, 25 years later, I finally got one and I'm giving it away

And neat set up with setting the last two digits to the position!

Status
Please reply by conversation.