Free DVR for everybody?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mtsz52784

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
Tonawanda
So last night i called the retention line and said i was intersted in ST along with a DVR. she said she could get me the DVR for free. i said i seen the promotion for new customers with ST. she tried giving it to me but she said it was greyed out on her screen. So i said ok how about if i just want the DVR how much. (My story : signed up in feb. with just 2 standard recievers on total choice plus) She said that i could still get the DVR for free and i asked which one... she said the new one probably that allows DVR'ing 2 while watching a 3rd. i said great. i also asked if this was a lease or do i get to keep it and does it extend my contract. she said i actually get to keep it along with the reciever i will be replacing, also my contract is not extended and for the 1st 6 monthsi would get a credit of $5 to cover the dvr service. and they could install it as soon as monday. also she reversed the $19.95 shipping charge w/o asking because they were installing the 3rd line. so should i feel special?

Yeah, you should feel special. She totally liked you. I'd love to get that deal.

You might be on a roll, try buying lottery tickets or asking for a raise.

sweet thanks, just wondering maybe others should try... i know i didnt even say i was going to cancel or didnt even get nasty even a little...? well i think ill try the lottery.

I wonder which one you're getting... anyone can get a free R15 right now, but nice job if you're getting the HD one.

Being a 1-heart customer sucks. I can't get anything. :(

hrm, so its pretty easy to get the R15 for free? While doing the movers connection I had them add DVR to my account, got the R15 but they only credited me $50 off the $99 for it, so I had to pay $49 for the box. Maybe I should have asked if I could get it free, couldnt hurt.

The current promotion is for a free R15 with a 2-year comittment (or in my case, with a $120 deposit as well).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)