Free E* for a Year from Local Phone Co.

twaller

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
Michigan
Got a call yesterday from TDS Telecom, my local phone company in Mid-Michigan. I already have DSL and Phone from them, and they were offering 1 free year of DishNetwork service! I am a happy D* sub, but this offer was tempting. I'm sure that this wasn't for HD service or for DVRs but it is an agressive marketing approach. The area that I live in is mostly E* because I think of the resell with the phone co.

Got a call yesterday from TDS Telecom, my local phone company in Mid-Michigan. I already have DSL and Phone from them, and they were offering 1 free year of DishNetwork service! I am a happy D* sub, but this offer was tempting. I'm sure that this wasn't for HD service or for DVRs but it is an agressive marketing approach. The area that I live in is mostly E* because I think of the resell with the phone co.

Get the details before you ditch your D* This offer is pretty useless for most people if it only includes a 1 room setup with Top 100 (or DishFamily *shudder*), and they won't credit you the difference should you decide to get a bigger package with more TVs....

Actually the TDS offer is a lot better than some of the other free DISH promos out there - its free for a year for the America's Top Choice 200 with Locals and if you choose a better package they credit you the total for the 200 package.

Actually the TDS offer is a lot better than some of the other free DISH promos out there - its free for a year for the America's Top Choice 200 with Locals and if you choose a better package they credit you the total for the 200 package.

That's pretty sweet. I don't know that I could pass that up. Unless I was a NFL Sunday Ticket or MLBEI customer.

More than likely it's a 2 year contract that locks you into phone (local & LD), DSL and Dish, and you get credit for 1 year. at&t had a similar offer about 18 months ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)