free family hardware... Directv compatible

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dhughes

Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
usvi
Gentlemen,

Hanging with the family for thanksgiving in Dallas...one of them offered me some old directv hardware and I was wondering if I could cobble together a system that I could activate down south of houston at a fishcamp, and activate it with Directv. Been offered a H24 receiver, already own a couple of 18" round legacy directv dishes with ccs2500 dual lnb's and a 1000.4 Dish Turbo triple lnb setup. No line of sight issues, short 20' RG6 runs to the receiver. I would like to do a two tv setup... Can I put together a compatible hardware system with this stuff, or do I need to go buy a slimline 3 dish and lnb pair? I think I am shooting at Directv's 99,101, and 103 sats. to get SD and HD channels. Thanks so much for a couple of knowledgable comments on my chances! Assume if its not simple, I can't do it!

Gentlemen,

Hanging with the family for thanksgiving in Dallas...one of them offered me some old directv hardware and I was wondering if I could cobble together a system that I could activate down south of houston at a fishcamp, and activate it with Directv. Been offered a H24 receiver, already own a couple of 18" round legacy directv dishes with ccs2500 dual lnb's and a 1000.4 Dish Turbo triple lnb setup. No line of sight issues, short 20' RG6 runs to the receiver. I would like to do a two tv setup... Can I put together a compatible hardware system with this stuff, or do I need to go buy a slimline 3 dish and lnb pair? I think I am shooting at Directv's 99,101, and 103 sats. to get SD and HD channels. Thanks so much for a couple of knowledgable comments on my chances! Assume if its not simple, I can't do it!

Your mixing systems here, don't want to try to do that.

If you have a H24 thats being offered to you, are you setting up your own account, IF so the H24 is LEASED and the guy needs to turn it back in when he's done with it of he'll get charged full price for it.

The 1004.1 is a DISH set up, incompatible with the D* recvrs.

Thanks, Jimbo. I'll ignore the dish tv 1000.4 antenna. The H24 was purchased outright by my brother from a third party retailer to replace another receiver he had, it is not leased. He owns it free and clear, no obligations to Directv. I plan to activate my own account for the fishcamp. I know the h24 is pretty current, the question dealt more with whether these round antennas and dual lnb's are any good for anything, or if I would have to go buy another type of dish...?

Thanks, Jimbo. I'll ignore the dish tv 1000.4 antenna. The H24 was purchased outright by my brother from a third party retailer to replace another receiver he had, it is not leased. He owns it free and clear, no obligations to Directv. I plan to activate my own account for the fishcamp. I know the h24 is pretty current, the question dealt more with whether these round antennas and dual lnb's are any good for anything, or if I would have to go buy another type of dish...?

I would take the H24 and get the Recvr number and ser. number and call D* and ask them if they what they have this recvr listed as, Owned or Leased, just to be certain.

As for the Dish, you'll want a SL3 IF you want HD at all, otherwise if you just point to the 101 you'll get the Core programming, but you'll probably get errors on the screen when testing as it will expect to see the 99 and 103 as well.

Personally I'd go with a SL3, but if you don't want to, you can probably get away with just the 101.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts