wireless bbdeca and aircard

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

memory

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
working usually
I asked this in the installer forum but I am gonna ask here also can a wireless bbdeca connect to a aircard that plugs into the usb port on a computer

YES!!! The question I am asking is can you use a directv wireless BBDECA to connect to a aircard you have for your pc for your internet connection for your DL's for movies and stuff

yes and no, it has nothing to do with directv, what you want to do is rebounce the internet off your aircard into a router, and connect the bbdeca to that, you cant use your pc as a host.

aslo, check with your aircard provider, this maybe against their tos or aup, and watch your bandwidth limits, ondemand is going to destroy them lol. An aircard is supposed to be used to allow internet access to a pc, not power a satellite internet connection. It will work but not as well as you are hoping it will, and your ping is going to be horrible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)