Free HBO and Showtime: Anyone try yet?

Yep...

We took advantage of this offer... on the basis of simply providing an email address, which they already had... hah.
The one thing I will say about it... We getting tired of seeing the same stuff over and over listed on HBO and Showtime. We definitely will csncel at the end of the 3 mos.

enjoy

Ive done it 3 times now. They keep recycling movies though. Will wait a while before I take advantage of it again. I plan on keeping dish for a while, so I don't mind the 2 year commitment.

I'm in the middle of it now. Got it for my son, home with cancer. Might extend it after expiration until he's better and moves out.

are flex customers eligeable for this when do the paperless and auto pay and email adress?

No go...said I had HBO and Starz last year for free. Would not budge.

Same here, although it was actually OVER a year ago and when I did the chat a week or 2 ago it said you couldn't have received a freebee promotion in the last six months.:rolleyes:Go figger...........

Ed

Dish always sends out those "retention" postcards every 3 months or so. If you get that, they can't really refuse you. That's the argument I made last time. I said "if I don't qualify, why did you mail it to me?" They gave in then!

It's been over 6 months since I had a promo and they still said no. Pointing out their own fine print to them means nothing. They said my account will not allow the promo to be added and there is nothing they can do. I tried phone CSR and chat and they both said the same thing. I really like my Dish but geez, give me the damn promo, you jackasses.

Meh, for what it's worth, I just came off the HBO/Showtime promo and can't say that I will miss either set of channels. The only things I found myself watching were original series. I dont think I watched a single movie all the way through in the entire three months. They seem to have a really stale rotation and some seriously outdated crap. Once I got through the admittedly fun first week of "ZOMGlookatalltheshinypremiumchannelzlolzbbq!!!" it got pretty boring. Much as I love True Blood and Dexter, I can't see paying $15.99 or $12.99 a month, respectively, to be able to watch them.

I do, however, wish there was some way to get Sundance without having to subscribe to showtime. The only thing I miss about Cox cable was having Sundance and IFC bundled together in the digital cable tier.

are flex customers eligeable for this when do the paperless and auto pay and email adress?
yes you can i just finished my promo
but make sure you schedule the cancelation more than 15 days before your next billing cycle
i cancelled it a week before it was due and they charged me the money for it
but i see i have credit on my account for next month though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)