Free HD-DVR???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well checked the website and NO the HD-DVR is not free. When is D* gonna realize that most people, when given the choice of paying $199 or getting a free one, most people are gonna choose free. They have to pay that much money and still agree to a 2 year agreement. If they would give it for free, their subscription rate probably would get a big boost.

I have read that D* is beginning to target the big spenders, while E* is looking for those who are more budget-minded. D*'s continuing to charge for the HR20 meshes perfectly with that philosophy.

Today just for the heck of it I called up directv to see if I could get a free hd dvr, and to my surprise I had no problem getting one. I called the regular 1-800-directv phone number and when the automated system asked me what I wanted to do I said cancel service. After a few minutes on hold I spoke with a nice csr and I asked her how much the cancellation fee would be if I cancelled my service before my contract was up. She told me it was something like $160. I then told her why should I keep my directv account if it was going to cost me $299 to upgrade to a hdtv-dvr when I could get one for free with dish network. She then offered to give me the HD-Dvr for free. I had to take her up on the offer. Now I just have to convince my wife that I need a HDTV. Oh well, shes sold on the 200 hour dvr. I think I have her talked into getting the Olevia 537H which can be found for under $700. Anyways, it is possible to get upgraded to the hd-dvr for free if you threaten to switch service. It worked for me today.

Today just for the heck of it I called up directv to see if I could get a free hd dvr, and to my surprise I had no problem getting one. I called the regular 1-800-directv phone number and when the automated system asked me what I wanted to do I said cancel service. After a few minutes on hold I spoke with a nice csr and I asked her how much the cancellation fee would be if I cancelled my service before my contract was up. She told me it was something like $160. I then told her why should I keep my directv account if it was going to cost me $299 to upgrade to a hdtv-dvr when I could get one for free with dish network. She then offered to give me the HD-Dvr for free. I had to take her up on the offer. Now I just have to convince my wife that I need a HDTV. Oh well, shes sold on the 200 hour dvr. I think I have her talked into getting the Olevia 537H which can be found for under $700. Anyways, it is possible to get upgraded to the hd-dvr for free if you threaten to switch service. It worked for me today.

Well I would be a new customer. I am getting E* installed tomorrow. I want to get D* But i am not paying $199 for a HD-DVR. Does anyone know anyone who got a free HD-DVR from D* as a new customer? I may try to call and see.

I have been with D for 3 years, and after four phone calls, i got one for 99 bucks, i was happy with that deal, compaired to the 299 or the 1000 dollars that they wanted for the HD tivo. So far I like it, and it was worth the 99 bucks. I dont know what they are doing for new subs, but retention gave me mine...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)