Free month of service for a referal - they are listening!

Alive and kicking…

The most interesting thing about the offer is the expiration date, which is well beyond the supposed April 1st deadline. This just serves as another indication that Voom is alive and well, and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future. Now let me get back to sending out those referrals… :D

Long Live Voom!

The VOOM Spring Madness Refer-A-Friend Program expires April 30, 2005

Wouldn't you know it. Had this come out a little sooner, I would have gotten a free month. But.. My friend got VOOM. That is a reward in itself.

WHOA!

:cool:

I got that email too

I got that email also now if i could tell everyone about Voom how does it work do they just tell CSR your name and address. :D

Back when I sign up (4 weeks ago )I was told I could get the month free for getting a friend to sign up but but there was nothing about a ear of free programing.

Cool, it's one month of free programming for each person you refer (up to 12 months). I have 2 friends that are waiting for the April 1st "deadline" to come and pass. Then they are going to order. This is great. Thanks Cablevision for making them wait until this offer is official! 2 months of free VaVaVoom here we come! :yes

Spring Madness Refer a Friend Program

I received an e-mail this morning announcing the Refer a Friend program. This is a good sign as far as I'm concerned as to the longevity of Voom. It looks like Dolan is taking a page out of Ergans book to increase subscriptions.
1 free month for every subscriber we can sign up up to 12 months free!
http://www.voom.com/lp/refer2.html?source=refer It looks like Dolan is going to put the ball in our court to help him keep this afloat.

This offer doesn't strike me as a move that would be made by a company about to shut its doors. However, since Vurbano hasn't chimed in yet I'll await his decree on why this new offer is somehow bad news and spells doom yet again. :p

I tried to print out a coupon and found a typo. They are missing MI for Michigan.

subdude212 said:
This offer doesn't strike me as a move that would be made by a company about to shut its doors. However, since Vurbano hasn't chimed in yet I'll await his decree on why this new offer is somehow bad news and spells doom yet again. :p

LMAO! :D

Great news!

I always wondered why VOOM didn't have a "refer a friend" promotion of some sort previously; in fact, I'd suggest that they keep this promo going indefinitely.

I'm sure, however, that some will detail for all of us how the "Spring Madness" promotion will degrade picture quality on VOOM's Discovery HD Theater compared to Dish, force the creation of a new programming tier and drive the price of Va Va Voom to $150/month, require constant rebooting of receivers, reduce channel bitrate, cause the FCC to immediately approve Dish's acquisition of the VOOM satellite with no requirement to offer a transition period to VOOM subscribers, and give your cat tapeworms.

I emailed them about the error and its already fixed! Thats fast service.

David Dietzel said:
Great news!

I always wondered why VOOM didn't have a "refer a friend" promotion of some sort previously; in fact, I'd suggest that they keep this promo going indefinitely.

I'm sure, however, that some will detail for all of us how the "Spring Madness" promotion will degrade picture quality on VOOM's Discovery HD Theater compared to Dish, force the creation of a new programming tier and drive the price of Va Va Voom to $150/month, require constant rebooting of receivers, reduce channel bitrate, cause the FCC to immediately approve Dish's acquisition of the VOOM satellite with no requirement to offer a transition period to VOOM subscribers, and give your cat tapeworms.

I think the naysayers are looking for greener grass somewhere else. Although one is likely to find something you didn't cover.

I really believe this promotion and all the new channels indicate Voom will continue. The new channels cost money and I doubt they could have been added without a long term committment.

I don't have rose colored glasses but am very optomistic now. :) ;) :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)