Free month of service for a referal - they are listening!

I think NIFI make a good point, provided the local dealer is any better than the local installer working for Installs, Inc.

Problem is how would you know before the fact.

JimP said:
provided the local dealer is any better than the local installer working for Installs, Inc.

Problem is how would you know before the fact.

Unfortunately you wont, but a few things usually will almost guarantee it, first off, any idiot with a station wagon, ladder and spool of wire can call themself an installer. Not so with dealers, just try and get a satellite dealership. Also the difference between what a dealer makes and a sub makes for the install is huge, Dealers usually arent willing to risk their dealership over a sub par install, where as subs really dont care, plenty more work out their with the next guy. :rolleyes:

NiFi said:
Why? Read through the hundreds of threads here alone about the NoShows and nightmare stories people are getting through Vooms booking with Installs Inc.
Buying from a local retailer, gives you someone locally that actually gives a crap about you and your install. My referral program is already pretty much upto par, so i would have to say, is a couple bucks difference really worth the added aggravations and time waiting for service??

What does that have to do with my statement? I simply stated that a person could take advantage of the referal from VoOm regardless if the installer offered it privately in there own private "Please give me business" program. I agree with you on one point. I had my VoOm installed by a local private company. When I decided to get VoOm, I did not call VoOm and have them send installs.inc to do the job. I located a local company utilizing the http://www.voom.com/get_it/store_locator.jsp link from the VoOm site. I had a very professional installation and also had the same people hang my plasma and do some other work. Please read and try to comprehend the post before you start with the flames.

On another note, I noticed that one of the Sears stores is pushing VoOm again in my area, they have the VoOm stuff right next to the Dish stuff. But there is no mention of any of the promos. Nothing about the 3 room $1 install or the referal program anywhere. Seems they should be putting up big posters about this at all the retailers they have to try to boost visibility.

SactoCal said:
Um, why would they, your customers, want you to do that? They can take advantage of the referral offer from VoOm themselves if they are existing customers, why would they need you to offer it to them. What you really want is for existing customers who are referring customers to refer the INSTALLATION to you so you can charge VoOm for the install, correct?

Read Fully and fully understood, all i did was make the point very clearly as to why both Dealer and User benefit with buying local vs national. No flame intended and possibly you would benefit from reading and understanding before flaming.

What's the deal with Installs.inc? I ordered my service thru VOOM on-line so I guess my installer was from Installs.inc and he did a great job. Placed the dish where I wanted it and did a wire drop at no extra charge. Install looks great. Maybe its all in the wire drops as all my rooms had cable already except 1.

mrhoades said:
What's the deal with Installs.inc? I ordered my service thru VOOM on-line so I guess my installer was from Installs.inc and he did a great job. Placed the dish where I wanted it and did a wire drop at no extra charge. Install looks great. Maybe its all in the wire drops as all my rooms had cable already except 1.
My install went pretty easy too. Even when he had to go get a bigger ladder! He left me the recievers (which I installed) and he put the Voom dish up on the mast from the leftovers of a E* Dish 500.

All my rooms were also pre-wired.

The only snag was the OTA antenna which he couldn't get working at all. Luckily I had put up my own OTA antenna pre-Voom and he used it instead.

I think most of the problems with Installs Inc is them assigning installers who no-show. I'm guessing that this is because with Voom they have to do the OTA antenna as well so it takes longer as compared to a D* / E* install. More installs no doubt = more money. Flat rate installs lends itself to quick and dirty installs.

I wish voom had a self install option. Still listening Voom? :).

Shawn

I didn't get an e-mail about the offer, but I did get a letter in the regular mail about it and where to go on line. In addition the letter included a list of channels that were added this month. I'm already getting people lined up for VOOM :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts