Free Movies On Demand

Ruby53

Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
MA
We got Dish in August of this year and we were able to watch the free movies. Just recently we aren't able to access them anymore. Contacted Dish and they asked if we were connected to the internet. We have Comcast as our internet. Why should the receiver be connected to the internet?
I am not very technically inclined, so I may not be understanding what is going on, but when the guy installed our Dish, why did it work then and than not now?
Thanks for your help!

When you say 'free movies'. Was that HBO or something like that? Maybe you got 3 months of free HBO and now that 3 moths have passed.

You do need the internet for some functions of on demand. You do not need the internet for Pay Per View movies. If you have not disconnected the internet from the receiver then that's probably not the problem.
We need more information to try and give you an answer. When you say you can not access them anymore, do you mean there is nothing there, they are there but not allowing to download, or they are there but it now costs money? Movies on Demand from channels like HBO or from the Blockbuster channels require you to be subscribed to get the movies on demand from those services. Like Bobby mentioned were you getting premium movie packages that you no longer get?

We did have the premium package for three months, but those movies aren't what I meant. There used to be lots of free movies when I click on the OnDemand button of the remote. Now they are all pay movies.
Thanks for your responses!

We did have the premium package for three months, but those movies aren't what I meant. There used to be lots of free movies when I click on the OnDemand button of the remote. Now they are all pay movies.
Thanks for your responses!

After you push the dvr button to get to the first OnDemand screen, where do you go next? Movies, Blockbuster TV shows, it does not matter as they are all tied together. Any part of this that is part of your subscription, would be free. But without premiums or Blockbuster@Home, there would not be much there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)