Free movies problem

r2d2melo

Original poster
Jun 19, 2008
Hi guys,I just bought a Samsung HDTV and I hooked up to the cable outlet and I am getting comcast on demand movies and some movie channels movies for FREE!!yea Im freaking out cuz I dont wana b doing something illegal for example yesterday I was watching a movie when all the sudden it paused,then rewinded a bit then played again,so I think I am getting someone's signal,could you guys please explain what is possibly going on?thx in advance

Your On-Demand is simple to explain. Your QAM decoder in your TV is seeing one of your neighbor's requests because it is unencrypted. So, when your neighbor pauses or rewinds, skips forward, etc, you will see it. It is important to note that those channels change all the time, so don't get too comfortable. :)

What movie channels, exactly, are you seeing? There are certain Encore channels that come for free, if that's what you are seeing.

Actually is pretty excting because I never know what is going to be on,I cant tell what are the channels because theres no mark on the bottom of the screen,but I am able to watch recently released movies and also old movies.Is it possible to know what neighbor am I getting signals from?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)