free music

sg9999

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
If you leave Dish but have your own gear can you still get some free music channels??

If you leave Dish but have your own gear can you still get some free music channels??
I left Dish last spring. There are some "free view " music using the Dish receiver on their satellites. My receiver is a vip222k. The Dish network threads here talk about that. Using your gear on the Dish satellites won't get you anything. Encryption.
There is muzak, music choice, stingray on fta if you have the correct gear. Good luck.

I just recalled that on 121W on the Dish frequency there are several test channels with an image identifying the 121W satellite position. All channels have the same audio which is pretty good jazz music when I've checked it. Any FTA receiver can receive these, but perhaps a Dish receiver can too.

If not, best idea is to obtain an inexpensive FTA receiver and dish and check the different satellites. There are many free music channels as you move across the satellite arc.

Yes look for a 36"-48" dish, often they are free if you take it down. A 32" is a bit small for FTA. It will work on strong TPs but you'll miss the weaker ones, and if you stay into FTA you'll end up wanting more...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts