Free PPV credits from DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jca

Original poster
Jun 16, 2005
Just got a "Thanks" letter from DirecTV in honor of our "anniversary" being a customer. (Don't know if this is tied directly to the "Loyalty Program".)

Anyway the letter said I get 3 Free Pay Per View Movies as a gift. It mentions I should select the "Use Credit" option after choosing a movie to watch. I see no "Use Credit" option when looking at ordering a PPV movie. Where is this located? Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Just got a "Thanks" letter from DirecTV in honor of our "anniversary" being a customer. (Don't know if this is tired directly to the "Loyalty Program".)

Anyway the letter said I get 3 Free Pay Per View Movies as a gift. It mentions I should select the "Use Credit" option after choosing a movie to watch. I see no "Use Credit" option when looking at ordering a PPV movie. Where is this located? Am I missing something?

I received the same gift & as yet haven't been able to figure out how to use the freebies. It's definitely not available using your remote control. I'll try the website & see if 'use free credits is there'. I'd rather use that feature anyway as apparently that mirrors the PPV on all your receivers instead of just the one tied to the remote. I don't even know if it's for HDPPV's or regular PPV's.

Oh what to purchase?

I tried ordering via the website & nothing came up claiming "use PPV credit" for the billing section. It's not on the receiver, it's not on the website & now that I got the VOD working it's not there either.

Oh well, the thought was nice.

Here is a response on the PPV credit inquiry:

PPV credits are applied as bill credits for three successive months; there is no "use credit" ordering option.
This will be clarified in future mailings.

DirecTV said:
PPV credits are applied as bill credits for three successive months; there is no "use credit" ordering option.
This will be clarified in future mailings.
So I am supposed to order 3 PPV movies and be billed normally and take it on faith they will credit back the 3 movies as promised? I wonder if I get the three months of bill credits regardless of whether I use them or not. Or is there a dollar value to these credits? (Since I could order a PPV movie or a PPV event which would cost more, etc.)

Seems like this "gift" isn't really that much of a gift. Looks like I should call and inquire about something more tangible such as a discount on my bill for Showtime/HBO/etc. like others have received.

So I am supposed to order 3 PPV movies and be billed normally and take it on faith they will credit back the 3 movies as promised? I wonder if I get the three months of bill credits regardless of whether I use them or not. Or is there a dollar value to these credits? (Since I could order a PPV movie or a PPV event which would cost more, etc.)

Seems like this "gift" isn't really that much of a gift. Looks like I should call and inquire about something more tangible such as a discount on my bill for Showtime/HBO/etc. like others have received.

i recieved mailer telling me thanks it is a 5 dollar credit for the next few momnths, not sure if it was 3 months or 5 months but its 5 dollars off for sure. i would have been happier with a new dvr but hey i can laways call for that LOL

2 weeks ago we ordered a PPV-HD. Last week I got my bill, and also a card stating the 3 free PPV gifts. The bill showed a $3.99 credit against the PPV.

Just order your movies and the credit will be on your statement.

Isn't the HD-PPV more? Essentailly the free PPV is the SD rate.

I was wondering the same thing as the HD versions are $4.99 while the SD are only $3.99. I was also wondering if they would credit you $3.99 if you bought the $4.99 movie leaving a $1 balance. I guess it shouldn't matter with the NFL ST payments making my bill look ridiculous but it would be nice to know.

Oh, & the Cubs blow :(

Yes, PPV-HD is $4.99. Under Adjustments & Credits, my bill showed:

09/15 3 Anniversary Gift Free Movies -3.99 Credit

I'd rather get free PPV-HD movies, but I'm not going to bitch too much about getting them for $1.

I just checked my most recent bill & noticed a $3.99 PPV credit even though I didn't purchase any PPV's this month. I'm thinking they are going to give me my 3 free PPV credits (one each month) whether I purchase a movie or not. Another classy move by DTV.

I just checked my most recent bill & noticed a $3.99 PPV credit even though I didn't purchase any PPV's this month. I'm thinking they are going to give me my 3 free PPV credits (one each month) whether I purchase a movie or not. Another classy move by DTV.

I admit, it's better than nothing. However, when others are getting a loyalty credit of $10/month discount for 12 months..... it would have been nice to see that on my bill instead - and without having to make a call before the card arrived in the mail. Now THAT would have been CLASSY.

For that matter, they could waive the HD Access fee for all HD subscribers with accounts older than 3 years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)