Free PPV's?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stunt_101

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 12, 2004
I was told that you need an land line connected to your reciever to order with a remote. But thats not true, i ordered a ppv without a landline plugged in. How is this possible? Will i be charged?

Thanks

CWS_kahuna

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
California
Stunt_101 said:
I was told that you need an land line connected to your reciever to order with a remote. But thats not true, i ordered a ppv without a landline plugged in. How is this possible? Will i be charged?

Thanks

Yes,

There is a account limit setup on your card. I think the max is $300 if you set it up to be that high.

At some point your cards limit will be reached, it might be $10 or up to $300. Once this happens you will not be able to order any more movies until your card is cleared. To clear the card you must plug in a phone line which will then charge your account.

vinnyv07

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2004
First off its against the law...and second you arent alowed to talk any hack questions here.

ckudrna

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 28, 2004
Tempe, AZ
When is directv and all the other sat companies going to figure out access cards are a piss poor way of trying to maintain some kind of encryption?

You get people lke this guy who just wants to screw with the card and get everything for free, and you have all the other schoalrs buying up pansat boxes and doing whatever to them. Why not do something a little more secure to prevent this kind of activty?

Directv is certainly not doing well as is, after adding a ton of new subs, they still report a loss. Security on this equipment seems like it is 10 years old and has not changed since.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts