Free Premium Channel Previews STARZ HD

Ronald_Jeremy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Rock Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you rocket scientists at Dish Network think you can allow the description of the actual program be displayed in the info section when you are running Free weekends?

Enjoy the freeview. But it would help if I knew what a movie was about before I tuned to it. It might even increase your subscription rate. More people would actually tune to the channel if they knew what the movie was about.

But nooooooooooooooooooooo. When you press guide and look at the offerings, you see a movie name that you haven't heard of. So you hit info. All you get is "We hope you enjoy this free preview of STARZ....call ........" blah blah blah Blow me.

But then...........

It also says to tune to channel 9435 to actually see program info.

Well guess what happens when you go to channel 9435.

Bingo!!!!

Message 013.

"This is subscription channel which has not been purchased. blah blah blah."

Do these ass-wipes actually get paid for coding????

Just hit the guide button then tune to the channel. Shows program info just fine. But yea, it would be nice if you didn't have to do it.

Yes, there's no reason they couldn't just mirror the guide descriptions for the preview channels. If I want to look up a description by going to the main channel, that means first switching to the all-channels guide, then finding the channel whose number I obviously don't have memorized halfway across the entire guide, then going back to the preview channel. If Dish's customers are so stupid that they can't figure out that it's a preview from the fact that it's in the preview block, if it was my company I'd be happy to ditch those customers. It's like when I had my first-generation receiver and I asked why they never used the message light to alert people to upcoming previews like the cable companies do, and they said they didn't want the call center flooded with people asking why there was a blinking light on their receiver!

No it doesn't. Although I am only checking the HD channel. It shows the program name. The description is the "buy this channel blah, blah, blah crap.

Don't actually tune to the channel. Just bring up the guide and go highlight the program on its actually channel number and push info. If you try to actually select and tune the channel, then you will get the not subscribed message.

Don't actually tune to the channel. Just bring up the guide and go highlight the program on its actually channel number and push info. If you try to actually select and tune the channel, then you will get the not subscribed message.
You'd think with 2,073 posts, Ronald would have know this by now.:rolleyes:

If you want the information, how about you buy it!!!!! People like me, who actually put the money out can see that information. While idiots like you, get it for free and still have to crab about it.

You get it for free for a short period, SO SHUT UP. Dish should refund me for the time you people get it for free because I'm still paying for it during it!