Free premiums

If you don't think a bottom-third popup during every movie "don't forget, some gladiator show comes on this week" is an "advertisement," then I guess these channels can be considered "premium."

Is there an official release of the "details" of this offer?

I tried chatting with 2 different CRS and they say I cannot remove the 3 month promo and add 1 year promo. Why did they offer the 3 month promo when they knew they were going to do this? I do not want the PPV certs.

got my free starz! really enjoying it so far. to get it, i had to call dish and a csr sent a signal to my box to update the epg. got it after that. i see i have movieplex too. wonder when that got added? i'm not complaining though. :). i did notice an odd thing on one of the starz channels though. last night, starz edge was in mono, where the others are in the normal stereo. any idea why that channel isn't in stereo too? top 250, locals, sd.

Almost 1:00 p.m. on Feb 1, and still no PPV coupons. I'm a Starz and Platinum sub, so that's what I should be getting. Wanted to use one for "Social Network" tomorrow. I guess I'll give them 'till tomorrow morning and then get on the chat.

I currently have AT200 and was on the free Starz / Platinum Promo as well as Cinemax for 1 one month. This morning i checked my account and i had encore free for 12 months. I called to see if i could get it dropped and add Platinum free for a year and he said they could not do that but they could remove Encore free for a year and give me a 5 dollar credit on my bill for 12 months. I went with that since i would never watch encore and most of it is not in HD anyways. Didnt see anyone post this information so i figured i would share it.

Only in SD? That's all I'm seeing. Well that's useless.

I take back what I said, I now have the channels in both SD and HD. Last night I also didn't have the "FREE!" info channel so I guess they just didn't have it all set up yet.

No free starzl for me I have had dish latino max since it started - just chatted with a csr who said that only the American packages qualify The csr did have a sense of humor -suggested that if I waned to get the free starzl I could add an american package to my dish latino max -no problema!!

No free starzl for me I have had dish latino max since it started - just chatted with a csr who said that only the American packages qualify The csr did have a sense of humor -suggested that if I waned to get the free starzl I could add an american package to my dish latino max -no problema!!
That's really bogus.
In my case, I moved to Latino dos two weeks ago and got my year of Starz automatically. So the latino packages should qualify.

pepper rex said:

I have Latino max and got 12 months free of encore.

Latino DOS and Latino MAX customers receive the free programming gift in addition to the America's Top packages.

Pepper rex if you want to DM your account number I can look into this for you.

Many thanks for your interest. I had another chat with a different CSR and got my free starzl in 3 minutes
BTW it if a major advance to have you on this site Scott and Dish are to be congratulated for this arrangement

If you mean Platinum rather than Premium, I believe they can switch the gift as you want. At least that is what I was told during an online chat. Call/chat/tweet or otherwise get to Dish tomorrow and see if they will be more forthcoming.
I have the AEP and Platinum and received the six PPV coupons. I just chatted with a CSR and swapped the six PPV coupons for a free year of platinum.
Thanks for your advice.

If you don't think a bottom-third popup during every movie "don't forget, some gladiator show comes on this week" is an "advertisement," then I guess these channels can be considered "premium."

Is there an official release of the "details" of this offer?

That's Starz, not the year free from Dish! Just be happy that you don't pay for Starz, if you can't stand the advertisement of Spartacus during the movie. I can't remember exactly when, but Starz has advertised its programing during movies on Encore as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)