jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Free Preview of Showtime this weekend.

Re-air of the PPV boxing matchup from last weekend.
Sunday night premiers "Penny Dreadful"

this why boxing is dead live PPV $70, the next weekend is free with Showtime or HBO! what a joke!

Showtime Anytime is also authorized during the free preview (including Roku), but if you were hoping to binge watch Shameless that won't happen since Showtime Networks removed it during the free preview. It is supposed to return on May 12th.

Showtime Anytime is also authorized during the free preview (including Roku), but if you were hoping to binge watch Shameless that won't happen since Showtime Networks removed it during the free preview. It is supposed to return on May 12th.

At least watching a movie from Showtime Anytime is 100% clean (I watched Dark Skies)! (no Showtime bug, no advertising Penny Dreadful DURING the movie and the end credits). My fear is one day they will figure out a way to mess with that too, like Netflix forces the end credits in a box for suggestions and you have to click on it to bring it back to full screen.

This seems odd .... why did they decide to do only a 2 day freevue instead of the typical 3 day ?
Oh, the date said 10-11 so I thought it started on the 10th.

Free preview was 9th through 11th.
D* officially opened up (authorized) the channels at 6am ET on 5/9 and turned them off at 6am ET on 5/12. It's all automated and seems to be consistent (the start/shut off times) with all free previews for the most part.

They just turned off and went to error 721 (Channel not purchased) as I was posting this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.