Free Receiver of the Week Contest 6.12.2008 - Satellite AV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Let's have some fun!

Every week SatelliteAV will add a receiver to this thread to be given away to a SatelliteGuy. The weekly prize will be awarded to a member who has posted to this thread during the previous week. The theme of the current reply will be posted along with the receiver (I.E. Name your Favorite FTA Channel).

The receivers are manufacturing samples that have been provided by a manufacturer for testing or approval. Satellite AV has enough sample receivers to keep this contest going for over a year!

Here are the potential specs:
Manufacturer / Model Name: Yes / No __________________________
Receiver type: DVB Satellite / ATSC Terrestrial
Standard Definition / High Definition
Documentation: Yes / No
Blind Scan: Yes / No
Remote: Yes / No
Weight and package size for calculating approx. shipping charges
Pictures will be posted

Satellite AV will attempt to provide as much information about the receiver in the posts, but we will not respond to questions regarding the product specifications or provide product support. Please do not PM or request product support from our sales or support team members. Failure to comply with this request could result in the termination of this contest. Please understand that instead of recycling these items, Satellite AV will offer SatelliteGuys hobbyists some pretty interesting stuff that may or may not ever be on the market!

The winner will be responsible for shipping cost and we will ship anywhere on your dime! All packages will be shipped by USPS or FedEx. If the winner wishes not to claim the prize or does not respond to our SatelliteGuys PM notification and provide the payment for postage within 10 days, the prize will be forfeited and the unit will be offered again in a future post.

This contest is open to any SatelliteGuys member in good standing with the exception of Satellite AV staff and members of their families. A random drawing will be made by a member of our staff every Wednesday.

Have Fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
June 12th, 2008 - 4th Receiver
SatelliteAV Free Receiver of the Week
Due to confusion of reading through a single thread to find the FREE receiver, we will now post a new thread each week.

Manufacturer:Buzz
Model Name: S2010F
Receiver type: DVB Satellite Receiver
Standard Definition
Documentation: Yes
Blind Scan: Yes
Remote: Yes
Shipping Weight: 6lbs.
Package size for calculating approx. shipping charges: 14" x 12" x 6"

The unit has sat on the bench and been tested for only a few days, but has several scratches on the top of the case from having receivers stacked and slid in and out. It operates perfectly and includes the remote, S-Video, RCA cables and gift box.

BUZZ S2010F DIGITAL FTA SATELLITE RECEIVER SPECIFICATIONS

• High Performance Free To Air (FTA) Digital Satellite Receiver
  • 166Mhz (200MIPS) NEC EMMA 2LL CPU AND MPEG CHIPSET
  • 16MB Of High Speed SDRAM
  • Ultra High Speed Channel Change Time : (Less Than 1 Second Average)
  • Full 2MB Flash Rom Memory
  • Superior Sharp NIM High Performance Tuner
  • Blind Scan
  • SPDIF Optical Output for Dolby Digital Bit-Stream AC3 Audio (Also Includes RCA Audio Outputs)
  • S-Video And Composite (RCA) Video Outputs
  • Various Selectable Aspect Ratios (4:3 Or 16:9 - Pan Scan, Letter Box, Full Screen)
  • EPG
  • PIG (Picture-In- Graphic) (Watch TV While Browsing Guide OR Menus)
  • 3 Integrated Video Games For Your Added Entertainment! (Tetris, Hexa, Sokoban)
  • Comfortable And Ergonomic 32 Key, Large Button, Silver Universal Remote Control
  • 40 Steps Volume Control (Also Controls SPDIF Optical Audio Volume Via Remote)
  • "FIND" Key (Quickly And Conveniently Search/Query the channel database, Easy to narrow channel listing by entering first letter(s) of the channel name
  • 6,000 Channels Memory Capacity
  • 7 Segment-4 Digit Silver "Mirrored" Display
  • NEW, Fresh, And Innovative "Animated" 256 Color Graphics User Interface (GUI)
  • Wide PLL RF Modulator - NTSC
  • Multiple Channel Change Options (Fade/In Out, Black Out And Freeze)
  • ]AZAN Alerting System
  • Front Panel Channel Naming
  • Sleep Timer
  • Full MPEG-2 & DVB-S Support
  • Additional Controls On Front Of Receiver! (Menu, Channel Up/Down, Volume Up/Down, And Enter)
  • Multi-Picture Flame Screen Selection Available
  • 4, 9,16 Flame Screen & Thumbnail View Selectable
  • Zoom In/Out Function
  • Manufactured In Korea, in a high tech OEM Facility. Buzz Satellite Research And development engineers have incorporated many cutting edge features
  • Selectable Parental Lock Functions using Master PIN Code
  • Remote Beep ON/OFF Function
  • Auto Or Manual Time Set Option
  • USAL Supported
  • Single & Multi-Satellite Auto Scan
  • Manual Scan Support
  • 7 Control Keys
  • 8 Favorite Channel Groups Programmable
  • Channel Sorting by FTA, CAS, Satellite, Alphabetic Order & Network
  • Rear Panel OSD Teletext & DVB Subtitling Supported
  • 1 LNB Input with IF Signal Loop Through
  • Background Graphic Display for Radio Program Channels
  • Input Frequency 950 - 2150 MHz
  • Tuner Symbol Rate : 1- 45 MS/s
  • Supports SCPC & MCPC from C / Ku-band Automatic NTSC / PAL Detection and Simple Video Converter (NTSC / PAL)
  • DiSEqC 1.0 & 1.2 with 500mA Max.
  • LNB Power In On-Screen Display Menu
  • 22KHz Switching Control Useful RCU Key-Functions for Channel Find, Edit and Signal Strength Display
  • RS232C
  • Main Rear Power ON/OFF Switch
  • PC to Receiver Downloading And Uploading
  • Receiver To Receiver Downloading And Uploading

Let's have some fun!

Information and disclaimer:

Every week SatelliteAV will post a receiver to be given away to a SatelliteGuy. The weekly prize will be awarded to a member who has posted to this thread during the previous week. The theme of the current reply will be posted along with the receiver (I.E. Name your Favorite FTA Channel).

The receivers are manufacturing samples that have been provided by a manufacturer for testing or approval. Satellite AV has enough sample receivers to keep this contest going for over a year!

Satellite AV will attempt to provide as much information about the receiver in the posts, but we will not respond to questions regarding the product specifications or provide product support. Please do not PM or request product support from our sales or support team members. Failure to comply with this request could result in the termination of this contest. Please understand that instead of recycling these items, Satellite AV will offer SatelliteGuys hobbyists some pretty interesting stuff that may or may not ever be on the market!

The winner will be responsible for shipping cost and we will ship anywhere on your dime! All packages will be shipped by USPS or FedEx. If the winner wishes not to claim the prize or does not respond to our SatelliteGuys PM notification and provide the payment for postage within 10 days, the prize will be forfeited and the unit will be offered again in a future post.

This contest is open to any SatelliteGuys member in good standing with the exception of Satellite AV staff and members of their families. A random drawing will be made by a member of our staff every Wednesday.

Question of the Week:

My family's first home entertainment center included:
(choose all that appliy and feel fee to add!)
Phonograph (wax / ceramic / vinyl)
AM Radio
Shortwave Radio
Longwave Radio
Black and White TV (VHF /UHF)
Reel to Reel Tape Machine
FM Radio
FM Stereo
Color TV
Eight Track
Cassette
Betamax
VHS
Videodisc
AM Stereo
CD
DVD

You get the point...............

Attachments

• buzz.jpg
    buzz.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 226
Cool!! OK so here's my entry:

My families first "home theater" system was a Fisher console unit (Am/Fm/Cassette/turntable with an EQ, stereo input) that my dad hooked up to a big old VCR (the kind with the big push buttons). We watched rented tapes on our TV--it was probably a 22" color television, I'm pretty sure from Sears. Of course, no cable, rabbit ears. Having the "stereo" (I think it was mono, split) sound come through that thing was UNREAL to all of us. This was in the late 70s, maybe early 80s.

Of course my own family, the "next generation" has a much nicer setup. ;-)

Phonograph (vinyl)
Color TV
FM stereo with Eight track
Reel to reel tape machine
Shortwave radio
AM radio

My family's first "entertainment center" was a big Magnavox floor model console. It had a turntable, B/W (23 inch, maybe) TV and AM/FM radio. It was a tube set, and the selector had a "stereo" position where you'd hear TV from one speaker, and the radio from the other!:eek: My dad said that sometimes they would do stereo sound that way on musical TV programs, although I never heard a broadcast like that...As I remember, that thing had an awesome sound to it!:D

When I was born my family had a Zenith console B&W TV (not many color sets back then) and we received 1 channel. When I was about 4 years old we got a Zenith console stereo with turntable and AM/FM radio. I got a pocket "all transistor" AM radio for Christmas when I was 6, and a shortwave radio when I was 9. We finally got a Sylvania color TV when I was 8 or 9...it was a piece of crap and stayed torn up more than it worked.

Phonograph
AM/FM Radio
8-track recorder
a 25" console TV that had a remote...it was called me & my sister having to get up and turn the knob :D
an antenna that got 5 channels.....6 on Saturday morning (we got the 5 Mpls stations at the time and on saturday mornings we got KEYC 12 out of Mankato....some 55 miles away)...all VHF.. This new fangled thing called UHF hadn't hit Mpls yet

Last edited:
one unit with AM/FM, 8-track recorder, vinyl phonograph. That was sitting on top of a 19 inch console TV. We could get 3 channels on the TV.

AM Radio
Black and White TV (VHF /UHF)
FM Radio
FM Stereo
Vinyl record player

Last edited:
When you say "first" . . .

I remember as a boy we had one piece of entertainment electronics.
It was an FM radio, about the size of a shoebox.

When Orlando put in their first TV station, we bought a 19" (?) TV set, black & white.
It was this giant maroon cube sitting on wrought iron stand, my Mom not-so-affectionately called: spider legs.

Some years later, my Dad built a Heathkit preamp and audio amplifier, and we had a turntable.
He had a friend build a big wooden corner-cabinet for a couple of speakers.

There was no two-channel sound.
. . . and they all used TUBES !

I still have the V-shaped corner-cabinet speaker. My ham gear sits on it. ;)

edit: when I was in high school, we still has the 19..21" spider-leg TV.
Dad had replaced tubes in it as needed for all those years.
So, I used my savings and bought a Heathkit color television (21", or maybe 25" ?) -kit-.
Now, that was a helluva project! - :up

Last edited:
Free Receiver of the Week Contest Entry

Phonograph (vinyl, ceramic cartridge changer W/diamond stylus 33, 45, 78)

AM Radio (Ol God yes! An Sparton 1567 with Mirror Dial that I have and still works today! Compleate with a Cats eye tube tune )

Shortwave Radio (Zenith TRANS OCEANIC SHORTWAVE MAGNETIC RADIO H500! I have it today!)

Black and White TV (Yes! A old RCA, VHF with an antenna the size of a Buick on the hill on an old channel master rotor! Only picked up about 4 stations, 15 WTAP Parkersburg, 13 WOWK Charleston-Huntington , 6 WSYX Columbus & 3 WSAZ Charleston-Huntington Where Jule Huffman, AKA Mr. Cartoon was on everyday after school with old B/W cartoons and some color! That man is still a legend to my generation!)

Reel to Reel Tape Machine (Magnavox half track)

FM Stereo (Was only in the car while growing up AC Delco with 8 Track in My Dads 1975 S-3 Chevy Laguna! Man the old days!) (Later got a Phono-AM-FM-8 track unit for the house much later)

Color TV (An old 25’ floor console model RCA XL100 bought new in 1973, I Still remember that day!)

Eight Track (Stereo 8 with recording capabilities! One button push record at the same time push in the tape! I remember that Dad’s had 2 analog VU meters with adjustable level recording! The old track change would be seamless if we recorded but those old ones you bought, the annoying fade down right in the middle of the song!)

Cassette (the old shoe box mono style Stewart brand that ran on 4 C batts but had a AC removable cord)

VHS (First one was when I was in Junior High School. JVC machine that was a Clunker that weighed about 50 pounds and as wide as the console TV! Dad never wanted to convert over to the Betamax-VHS format )

Added:
Cable TV (got in 1979, standard in house with about 20 channels at first then the cable company went with the old Jerrold Model JSX-3 with fine tune Pot & 36-channel push buttons! Later in the 80's we got this converter box. The old Jerrold Cable Converter Box was for higher channels for like HBO and Pay channels. I remember button 18 was MTV! I was around during the first broadcasts of that when they showed the same 5 videos 24/7! Radio Killed The Video Star Was The First Video Played on MTV By The Buggles! I remember it like it was yesterday)

Last edited:
I remember back when i was a young'un many many moons ago, we had a B/W tv that had rabbit ears and picked up 4 stations, and dad had a AM radio by his favorite chair.
GAWG how times changed.

My Family's 1st Entertainment system

19 inch Color Solid State TV
ATARI 2600
1980 RCA VCR with a corded remote
Console Furniture Stereo with Phonograph and built in 8-Track and AM/FM Tuner.
Montgomery Ward Airliner SW Radio with awesome AM sound.

My family's first entertainment center was an Emerson (I think) AM radio and Phonograph combination. My dad had his Edison phonograph before that, but no one else could use it. It had triangular shaped bamboo needles and played 3/8 inch thick ceramic records at 78 or 90 RPM although it was variable from about 55 to 95 RPM. (we later got steel needles!)

I later added a Black and White TV with a round picture tube, and an AM/ FM radio (Coronado brand). I then also added a used "phonograph for the blind" - reject I had to repair - that played 33 1/3 & 16 2/3 rpm.

While in high school I got my own homebrew system - AM, FM, Long and Short wave, Ham gear, Ampex and AKIA reel to reel tape decks STEREO Phonograph! Gates TT with Rek-o-kut arm and Shure cartridge with an RCA 44 mike to go with it.

Man, I have not thought about that stuff for a long time....

19" Black and White TV

That was all. We didn't have a lot of money.

My Family's first home entertainment center included:

-A phonograph

_An 8-track player

_A 22 inch B&W tv

_Am/Fm radio

all in one unit

During my childhood, I remember my dad listening to a valve radio (AM/SW)
During my college days I assembled a cassette player with FM radio. Later added a 21" color TV......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts