Free Russian channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MrMylesG

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 19, 2004
Perry Hall, MD
It's official now...and listed on Lyngsat.

RTR Planeta and Planeta Sports

Two free Russian channels on IA5

11898 V 22000

This along with RBN (Rodnoy TV), CNL (Russian Christian channel) and Russia Today (Test card at this time) brings the total to 5 Free Russian channels.

Don't know how long they will last but my wife is very happy. We subscribe to Channel One and HTV America on Dishnet, so these additions are very welcomed in our house. :D :D :D

MrM

can anyone confirm that these channels are in PAL ? EU system
look at
Video Format 720x576 (4:3), 25 fps

isnt it PAL resolution?

Video is extreamly good on my plasma

Stream Information
Service Name RTR Planeta
Service Provider unknown
Service Reference 1:0:1:2f5:b:1:fc360000:0:0:0:
VPID 1064h (4196d)
APID 1065h (4197d)
PCRPID 0086h (134d)
TPID ffffffffh (-1d)
TSID 000bh
ONID 0001h
SID 02f5h
PMT 1080h
Video Format 720x576 (4:3), 25 fps
Namespace fc360000h
Used Crypto Systems None
Satellite 97.0 W Telstar 5
Frequency 11898 MHz
Symbol Rate 22001 KSymbols/s
Polarisation Vertical
Inversion No
FEC Auto
SNR 72%
AGC 66%
BER 0
Lock Yes
Sync Yes

It's SECAM video format and since it's on IA-5 so that's mean it's already converted to NTSC.

There is no FTA receiver can handle SECAM as far I know. :)

Only NTSC and PAL FTA receiver can detect.

I can tell by just looking at the quality of the video and the codec bit rate they put out.

Our FTA receiver are not the best converter you will get video frame rate distortions due to 5 frames per seconds differences.

They seems do the good job of converting it, and I bet you are using S-Video at 60 Hz format!

When you are looking at the real PAL and SECAM in normal mode you will get a bad video filckers due to a slow video frame rate despite the better color and the picture is little sharper but not quite HDTV though.

Why?

I been to England for 6 month back in the early 80's. :D

On my tuner FTA I see it as PAL signal, my plasma shows it in status of video as PAL signal, I use Svideo but no clue what Hz format
When I see it in real PAL format on plasma it looks great, when I setup my FTA to change it to NTSC , video is freezing every 2, 3 secs in very unusual way. Same kinda freezing I observe when I am watching NTSC video in PAL mode (converted)

It is not freezing but more like forwarding of picture for glimpse and then picture goes fine, than again picture goes faster for 0.1 sec , every few secs. So we probably talk about same thing.

Russian channels

Anybody knows is it possible to watch russian channels (RMG Group) on Sat IA6 at 93W?

RTR Planeta is normally broadcasting in PAL (and just FTA over here in Europe by hotbird/astra satellite)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts