Free service for cancelling?

I'd much rather a company be automatically hitting my credit card than a debit card/checking account. A wrongful charge to the credit card, I got time to get it corrected before the billing cycle closes... and even after that time before the payment due date to get a refund issued. A wrongful charge to debit card/checking account, that money is zapped in an instant... hope you didn't have a big check floating out there that's gonna bounce now...

That is true and you have the ability to protest the charge with your CC Company.

If i'm calling to cancel, usually i've already made up my mind and the company's offers are too little too late.

But in some cases, like Onstar and XM, I call every year after my 'promotion' runs out and say I don't want the service anymore since the price goes up. Usually they come back with "If we keep you at the same rate for another 12 months, will you stay?".

Nice.

I just have them charge my CC every month. Like it was posted above, I don't like any company making charges against my checking account. One mistake and I could be bouncing important payments (Mortgage/car payment). Plus it is a pain to get your money back due to a fraudulent vendor with your bank than a CC.

I actually quit in January last year when they refused to upgrade me to a free 722. They said it was for new customers only. I had joined in August of '07 before I owned and HDTV. When I bought the HDTV in November, they refused to help me out in anyway. I called and emailed frequently compaling about the lack of service. Finally a CSR noticed the installer forgot to have me initial the 18 month agreement spot on the contract (it was still only 18 in '07). So the cable company gladly took me back w/ a "bundle" package w/ our internet. The programming and equipment was lousy (TW Carolina). Luckily dish called me back two weeks later. I got the free 722 and $20.00/month off for a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)