Free Shipping?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
:up :D
Be sure that you are ordering the correct motor. The GEOSATpro 90cm mounts on a 1 5/8" / 42mm post. Please note that the SG9120b motor has the 42mm post and the SG9120 motor has the incorrect larger post size, 55mm.

Thanks for the heads up, I did get the 9120b. GM's website states very clearly which antennas each motor will fit, fortunately.

Okay, just got back from Thailand. Putting the dish and motor units together, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to mount the Geosatpro 90cm dish on the SG9120B motor unit. Neither set of instructions addresses mounting the dish to a motor. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, just got back from Thailand. Putting the dish and motor units together, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to mount the Geosatpro 90cm dish on the SG9120B motor unit. Neither set of instructions addresses mounting the dish to a motor. Help would be greatly appreciated.

The post of the SG9120B is inserted into the GEOSATpro 90cm post clamp then Structural Bolt #6 passes through the Elevation Bracket, Post Clamp and the Motor Post.

This photo pretty much tells the story.....
9120+ds2076%20copy.png

Not sure why this thread was taken off STICKIE, but here are a few posts that anyone will find helpful when installing a motorized dish. http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/190436-how-set-up-motorized-ku-band.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the photo! That helps out a lot. I'll have to take it back down and reconfigure it like that. So, I am seeing in this photo that the elevation Bracket is not adjustable with the motor in the post, so I will have to adjust the elevation on the motor, right?

elliswr said:
Thanks for the photo! That helps out a lot. I'll have to take it back down and reconfigure it like that. So, I am seeing in this photo that the elevation Bracket is not adjustable with the motor in the post, so I will have to adjust the elevation on the motor, right?

No shortcuts for a motor install. It is best that you read the installation manual that was provided with your motor.

Elevation is a combination of setting the latitude motor angle to match your latitude then setting the dish elevation to the angle specified in the motor installation guide.

Okay, after doing more reading, I am positive that I have the motor mount set up correctly. It was confusing because there are two scaled slots on each side, one above the other, but I am fairly certain I can only one scale with the motor that I have. The users manual makes no mention of this.

As for the GeosatPro 90cm dish, I am uncertain about it. when dry fitting together everything before climbing up on the roof, I could not see how I would adjust the dish elevation if I mounted everything together according to the straight-forward installation instructions provided. After reading another post where someone talked about declination angle, saying that the elevation bracket was upside down, I determined that I must also mount the elevation bracket upside down. That seemed to work because the dish would now swing when mounted on the motor shaft. The problem I run into is the elevation angle on the dish now. The scale is upside down, and I don't know what position to set it at. According to the motor user's manual, the declination angle is 40-5.241(for 32 degrees latitude)= 34.759 degrees. Should I be setting the dish elevation to that? Or was I wrong in mounting the elevation bracket upside down?

Thanks, Wes

The scale is upside down, and I don't know what position to set it at. According to the motor user's manual, the declination angle is 40-5.241(for 32 degrees latitude)= 34.759 degrees. Should I be setting the dish elevation to that? Or was I wrong in mounting the elevation bracket upside down?

The GEOSATpro 90cm elevation bracket should not be upside down. Assemble the dish as per the assembly guide that was sent with the dish. Use "Type A" assembly for elevations 10 - 60 degrees, but do not insert Structural Bolt #6 until the motor post is inserted through the top of the post clamp and the hole in the motor's post aligns with the holes in the dish's elevation bracket/post clamp. Now insert Structural Bolt #6 and tighten the nut and the post clamp nuts to secure to the motor post.

The correct settings for you would be:
Motor Latitude Setting Angle: 32
Dish Setting Angle: 24.780

Sorry that I directed you to the SG9120b manual. I see that the manufacturer may have incorrectly printed the manual and as discussed in another thread that the formula actually should state 30 - 5.241 and not 40. So set the dish angle to approx. 24.8 degrees.

Thanks for the quick reply and all the info. Armed with this, I will attempt this again, and hopefully succeed this time.

Got it this time! Reconfigured the dish as mentioned and did a whole bunch of aiming. Ended up on the wrong satellite a couple of times before finally getting Galaxy 19 in. I have found that I am unable to get better than ~80% Signal Strength and ~40-80% Quality (but everything above 30% comes in clear). Thanks for all the help.

Congratulations! :up

Signal strength doesn't indicate much other than you are connected to a powered LNBF. The Signal Quality is the reading that you use to aim and optimize.

Sorry, don't have knowledge of your receiver. Maybe some else might jump in and comment on the meter readings for the Signal Quality.

I noticed in one of his posts he says a Pansat 9200...those numbers are about right then...could be a little higher but I know on my Pansat 1500 and 36" dish 97W most everything reads between 50 and 85 or so on the quality meter here in Minnesota

on a Pansat (depending on model) 30 or 40 is threshold and 99 is max. Pansats have a "true" (compared to other models) meter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.