Free Showtime for 3 months - YMMV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
so I signed up for this promo and just got my first bill. I was happy to see three separate credits for $11 each. But here's my question -- can I just cancel Showtime at anytime? Or will doing so violate the promo and those credits will be re-charged to my account? I don't want to leave Showtime too long (and have to pay for it....because honestly I'm not finding much other than softcore to watch) and I don't want to cancel it too early and lose the credits.

any thoughts or answers?

I signed up for the 3 month free promo when this thread was young. I wasn't charged a thing until my current bill. Now it shows a $12 Showtime Unlimited charge. I'm looking at the statement for

Billing Date: 11/07/07
Service from: 11/22 to 12/21

What's going on here? Did 3 months elapse already? :mad: Now that they've charged me $12, will they charge me a further $5 to downgrade?

They will not charge a downgrade fee i did it today. i just made sure i told them i was on a free promo.

i was able to cancel it without even talking to someone, is that new?

i hope it let me do it cause it was a promo and i will not be charged $5

I've had thip promotion for 1-1/2 months. I cancelled it today. To me, Showtime wasn't even worth "free".

They do give you the 3 months right off the top. So I imagine I'll be paying back half of that.

I only got it for Weeds and Dexter in HD. Other than that - i can't think of anything at all that I have watched on there. Will be calling in to cancel at the end of my promo. Just not worth the extra to me for the two shows that they have that i do enjoy.

I only got it for Weeds and Dexter in HD. Other than that - i can't think of anything at all that I have watched on there. Will be calling in to cancel at the end of my promo. Just not worth the extra to me for the two shows that they have that i do enjoy.
I also like Dexter, but canceled Showtime. Cheaper to wait and buy the series on DVD.

I couldn't find one - i called last night to cancel mine - it was all automated though .. i didn't have to speak to anyone ... press a couple of buttons and i was done.

:)

Same here. DId the same thing Friday. It was all automated which is nice and painless

I called back before Dexter started to add it and they told me I could have it for 3 months free so I signed up. I am willing to pay for a few extra months for Dexter but then I probably will cancel it. Last year I had it for Dexter then a few months after Dexter and found out I hardly ever watched it so canceled it. IMO they don't have very good movies as I hardly ever watch it other than for Dexter.

Thanks for the info. I just called and it was painless and didn't have to talk to anyone. I don't know why they don't offer the option to remove channels online, but at least the phone call was easy.

Someone help me with this one,
Did they credit this upfront (3 months on the bill)? then if you cancel prior to the 3month they charge you back for the credit, reason I ask is I can't figure out if my bill is correct this is the only thing that would make sense. Seems a stupid way to do it why not just credit 3 consective cycles not all at once.
Anyone have a similar experience?

there wasnt any rebate, it was a promo thru dish, just called and signed up, tehy credited the 3 months up front.

gotta remember to cancel it when i get home, and then add paperless billing or auto pay to get cinemax for a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)