Free Starz preview 6/20-6/22

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I use to really enjoy these "Free preview weekends" of the premium channels, but I simply have no interest in SD channels anymore. If they add more HD feeds of the premiums I would consider expanding my programming. Right now, Max is the best deal(with or without the penny promo) because of the extra HD feeds. I like the movie options with Starz, but one HD channel is not going to make me subscribe anytime soon.

I use to really enjoy these "Free preview weekends" of the premium channels, but I simply have no interest in SD channels anymore. If they add more HD feeds of the premiums I would consider expanding my programming. Right now, Max is the best deal(with or without the penny promo) because of the extra HD feeds. I like the movie options with Starz, but one HD channel is not going to make me subscribe anytime soon.
I'd say....

Until Dish adds significantly more HD feeds* of the premium channels I will NOT consider expanding my programming.

Talon Dancer

*an HD feed of the same programming time delayed (e.g. East and West) is really only ONE HD feed for anyone who actually knows how to use a DVR

heck I'm happy I get the freeviews on a previously subbed 811 :)

You would think that a company giving a free preview (Dish/Starz or whatever) would want to put some of their best stuff forward so people feel like they're really missing the latest and greatest stuff by not having these channels. But the fact that Starz is not previewing their HD channel and only repeating the same 5 or so movies all weekend makes me say, instead, "Gee, this is why I don't subscribe to premiums -- they just repeat stuff all the time."

This weekend's preview seems to be the worst offender, although I've noticed the same thing with the yearly (or so) HBO, Showtime and Cinemax previews. I always end up asking myself -- Gee, wasn't this same crop of movies repeating last time there was a free preview?

You would think that a company giving a free preview (Dish/Starz or whatever) would want to put some of their best stuff forward so people feel like they're really missing the latest and greatest stuff by not having these channels. But the fact that Starz is not previewing their HD channel and only repeating the same 5 or so movies all weekend makes me say, instead, "Gee, this is why I don't subscribe to premiums -- they just repeat stuff all the time."

This weekend's preview seems to be the worst offender, although I've noticed the same thing with the yearly (or so) HBO, Showtime and Cinemax previews. I always end up asking myself -- Gee, wasn't this same crop of movies repeating last time there was a free preview?

Agreed, I usually just search through the schedule when the previews come on, DVR the one or two I'm interested in, and wait for the next premium preview however many months later. Half of the Starz stuff ends up on Encore a couple months later anyway, if you have AT250. Same with some of the movies that make their way to TMC. Granted, there's no HD feed.

This was a nice preview weekend. Saw a few movies I never got around to renting.

Funny that after the Preview Weekends the content I like drops off dramatically. :D

I used to have Starz/ Encore some time ago but lately I've seen better movies on Cinemax which is a penny a year. :hatsoff:Go figure!

I have HD Only, we did not have any Starz HD channels for the free preview, very disappointing, didn't watch any of it becuz of that

Yeah, I have the DishHD package too, no Free preview of Starz HD sure made me NOT want to subscribe...recorded The Game Plan and some other movie in SD..but ug, how aweful it is to try to watch that after being used to High Def DVDs and even normal DVDs...

Watched one Starz freevue movie last night and was surprised by what it contained. Though the video was SD, the audio was Dolby Digital 5.1. At least half the freevue was in HD.

Are there any other non HD channels that broadcast Dolby Digital?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)