Please reply by conversation.

dunnsept

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Central Meechigan
Friend of mine was clearing out the attic. gave me a couple boxes of "stuff"
ooooh, free sat stuff.
got a GI c-band receiver and two boxes marked "sat mods" marked "autoroll" and "wizard" (no hack talk! no hack talk!):censored:

just got a voice mail this morning. a GI DSR 4000 is waiting for me WHEEEEE just what the doctor ordered, more sat stuff

Sounds like some vintage equipment, there. Those GI boxes worked nicely, I'm still using a GI 650 to move my c-band dish. I think the wizzard boards came out before the other was invented, but its all history now, lol.

The only thing better than boxes of sat stuff is FREE boxes of sat stuff. :)
The autoroll and wizard stuff is likely EEPROMs and/or black cage VCII modules from a long gone era.
Sounds like a good reason (XYL may call it excuse :rolleyes:) to put up another BUD.......cant let those ol' analog IRDs go to waste!

yea, two FULL boxes of VCII modules.. there are some that should :censored: :censored::censored:

I hooked up the DSR4000 last night.. hmmm.. no go. some really odd message on the screen, cut off and in engrish. couldn't make it do anything. might have to try to find a manual for it

Brian:
thanks.. I didn't even realize the thing had a VCII module in it. I'll have to open the case tonight and take a peek. there's nothing on it like the consumer models where you can see the module from the back of the unit.

I have a DSR-4000 that was brand new in the box when I acquired it. There is an instruction manual, and I'll try to dig that up sometime today to see if it can be of help. I haven't really done anything with it since I got my Digitrans DCII receivers, but they are digital only.

Tron:
THANKS! I can't make this thing do anything. buttons on the front face don't do anything. It just complains at me in engrish something like "msg err system have may have"
or some nonsense..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)