Status
Please reply by conversation.

cpalmer2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 18, 2013
United States
A few weeks ago comfortably_numb was kind enough to give away this fine LNB for my experimentation with C-band. Since that time I've had a change of plans and no longer need this LNBF. I'm paying it forward and giving it away to another lucky forum member like he did me.

Here was his description:

This LNB is in working condition. It has visible scratches on the outside casing due to being rotated heavily during my experimentation. The scratches are purely cosmetic.

Comes with flat scaler and hardware.

Free to the first person to respond. All you have to pay is the shipping costs to your location via USPS. I accept Paypal only.

Enjoy!

img_0006-jpg.137683

img_0005-jpg.137684

img_0004-jpg.137685

Is that a claim request fireball lol?
I'll take it! I've been fairly new to actually having the equipment but have been reading various FTA forums since probably 2011. Just recently got a Ku LNB to rig on my slimline and was amazed by the performance.
I've received 87(LPB is picky :shh)-89-91-95-97-101-103-105-113 all on the slimline and a $6 LNB.

I'm a glutton for experiments.

Tomorrow I am receving my 90cm Geosatpro dish and would love to do some 90cm C band tinkering in the very near future. Dang landlord just wont budge for a 10ft BUD :grinbounce

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I'll take it! I've been fairly new to actually having the equipment but have been reading various FTA forums since probably 2011. Just recently got a Ku LNB to rig on my slimline and was amazed by the performance.
I've received 87(LPB is picky :shh)-89-91-95-97-101-103-105-113 all on the slimline and a $6 LNB.

I'm a glutton for experiments.

Tomorrow I am receving my 90cm Geosatpro dish and would love to do some 90cm C band tinkering in the very near future. Dang landlord just wont budge for a 10ft BUD :grinbounce

Ok, you need to get a larger lnb holder for this c-band lnbf. Ebay sells them.

Also, you MUST install this in the same place your present KU lnbf is installed. c-band needs the best signal from a smaller dish. Then you can "sidecar" the ku lnbf on the side, sometimes it's as simple as strapping it on with some long nylon wire ties.

Just be aware that all means that whatever sat you are aimed directly at will come in on the c-band lnbf, and the sat (maybe a sat several degrees over) to the opposite side of whichever side you strap the ku lnbf on will come in on that.

For instance, if you are aimed at 101w, that's where you pick up c-band stuff. IF the ku lnbf is then strapped on the LEFT side of the c-band lnbf (if you are facing the dish and lnbfs) you will likely pick up 97w on the ku lnbf.

Conversely, IF the ku lnbf is strapped on the RIGHT side, you'd likely pick up 105w KU.

You could likely tune BYU and ARTS on 91, and perhaps ESPN Radio on 105. raydio has experimented with that LNB on his 90cm and also got some additional channels, IIRC.
that's indeed more or less what I was able to get on a 90cm:
- 91W: ARTS and The Word
- 105W: ESPN radio mux @3707
- 113W: Telesur (unreliably)
- 55.5W: BBC radio mux
- 40.5W: Genesis religious channel (barely)
- 99W: LESEA mux
- 34.5W: AFN Prime (that was back when it was ITC)

that's indeed more or less what I was able to get on a 90cm:
- 91W: ARTS and The Word
- 105W: ESPN radio mux @3707
- 113W: Telesur (unreliably)
- 55.5W: BBC radio mux
- 40.5W: Genesis religious channel (barely)
- 99W: LESEA mux
- 34.5W: AFN Prime (that was back when it was ITC)

I was able to get most of that on my 90cm with the exception of the LESEA Mux and BBC Mux but 91W was the strongest for sure.

Their shipping cost is just insane. Here's one I've used, and it's much cheaper. You might have to wait two weeks to get it from China, but it works: C band 65mm LNB holder/bracket for conical scalar ring | eBay

Or for a little more money, you can get both for less than SatAv's bracket: Hot Sales Conical Scalar ring with C Band LNB Holder bracket 65MM diameter | eBay

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Their shipping cost is just insane. Here's one I've used, and it's much cheaper. You might have to wait two weeks to get it from China, but it works: C band 65mm LNB holder/bracket for conical scalar ring | eBay

Or for a little more money, you can get both for less than SatAv's bracket: Hot Sales Conical Scalar ring with C Band LNB Holder bracket 65MM diameter | eBay
Please do not recommend this eBay seller or their products. This seller is an inhouse representative of the manufacturer, Anhui Bowei. Anhui Bowei has cloned several of our products and even has shipped out samples to customers with our branding.

This is a prime example of what is killing regional FTA resellers and a poster child of Chinese companies who profit from theft of intellectual properties...

I agree that the shipping cost is rediculous, but I believe that hypermegasat sells a compatible metal bracket, which is less expensive and has lower cost shipping.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts