Free Upgrade to a 622?

My question, kind-of relates to the post above....

Can you call them and get this deal or do you have to be "CHOSEN"? I live in the DC market, which has HD LiL, but I have not gotten a call.

I currently lease a 942 and have the Everything +HD +Voom pak, so this would be a good swap for me.

$100 savings is $100 savings.

Maybe if we go to tech and not standard CSR?

Anyone gotten this on their own without being chosen?

How do you know if you have HD LIL in your area? I signed up with Dish through a retailer, does that mean that I won't get a call from Dish if I do qualify? I live in Syracuse, NY.

Free Upgrage to VIP 622

I just got a call from Dish network about upgrading to Vip622 from the 942 that i have now, for upfront 199 then a 200 credit when they get the 942.

they said it is a limited time offer and only have a week to reply if i want to take them up on the deal.

the guy said something about being in a area that now has HD locals.

i am currently getting local HD channels with a OTA antenna so should i worry about upgrading?

thanks

Got three calls from Dish today on CallerID. Saw this thread and called in to see if I was eligable for $199 with $200 Rebate Offer. They said the offer was $299 with $200 rebate.

Why is it they can call me three times in one day yet not know why they called? Maybe the calls today were from the audit team? I gave up on the $199 deal and went with the $299 deal. Why? Wait for the call versus knowing we will get StarzHD soon, wife says StarzHD!

Cheers to Dish if they in fact turn on more HD channels soon. Boo to Dish for calling me numerous times in one day yet now knowing why.

FYI - CallerID said 866-668-8067

I took a day off from work yesterday and got the call in the afternoon from the call center in Texas. Specifics: Live in Washington, DC area, LiL available, leased 942. Offer: $199 to swap to 622, $199 credit following return of leased 942, had to accept free installation. $10 increase in monthly bill with metallic pack. I forgot to ask what the time commitment was. I didn't accept right away, and was told I had one week to call back the 1-800 Dish number.

More Information

Here is some more information I found out today when I called up.

1. If you haven't received the phone call you probably won't be able to get the promotion. They didn't have on record the phone call I received about the promotion so it took being on hold for about 30 minutes for the tech to finally receive authorization to give me the deal.

2. When he was listing the charges I would receive on my monthly bill he said that I would be charged for the Platinum package, I would get my DVR fees waived, and I would be charged a lease fee for my additional receiver. There was no mention of a lease fee for the 622. We will see if this holds true when I get my first bill.

3. The commitment is 18 months and a Metallic package was required.

I called tech support so that I wouldn't need to call India. The person seemed to be very knowledgable so hopefully I won't have the additional lease fee. He also mentioned that there will be additional HD channels coming very soon, but we already knew that. :D

Just got the call. Haven't decided if I am going to take it yet or not (they also told me that I had 7 days). Gonna be $15 more per month as a result of the increase in HD package ($10) and the lease fee ($5). Seems pretty pricy for 5 more Voom channels that I won't watch, and 3 more HD channels.

Such a deal?

Yes I got the Call. 7 days to decide and the service would cost more.
You pay them $199 in advance and they take the $199 off of your bill. And return your 942.
I own the 942. Bought last October. I declined the offer. I said I needed to get my moneys worth out of the 942. I said I would be willing to return my 942 if they would give me a $199 credit to my account. I pay nothing. They take my 942 for $199 and I will then lease the 622. The CSR said that would be nice but no.

I explained that right now they are not offering enough HD channels that we would actually watch. An upgrade at this time just is not worth what is being offered.

Danny

lakebum431 said:
Just got the call. Haven't decided if I am going to take it yet or not (they also told me that I had 7 days). Gonna be $15 more per month as a result of the increase in HD package ($10) and the lease fee ($5). Seems pretty pricy for 5 more Voom channels that I won't watch, and 3 more HD channels.

What was the number that Dish called on. I was called four times on the 26th and twice on the 27th. They never left a message. I called 8666688047 that my callerid displayed (different # than MNHTUG posted). I was told only the 299 swap out and 199 credit was available. Houston has already rolled out HD LiL.

Yep, that is the number they called from 866-668-8047. 5 times today actually. The name just says TollFree Number

dannsh said:
I own the 942. Bought last October. I declined the offer. I said I needed to get my moneys worth out of the 942. I said I would be willing to return my 942 if they would give me a $199 credit to my account. I pay nothing. They take my 942 for $199 and I will then lease the 622. The CSR said that would be nice but no.
Danny
As ususal it depends on who you talk to. Here's the deal I FINALLY got (keep in mind this took 3 1/2 hrs on the phone, talking to people that I HAVE TO explain to them what their promotion is).

Currently I have 2-942's. One leased, and one owned. AEP, VOOM, HD Package....full tilt boogie.....everything.

1) They take back BOTH 942's (1-leased, 1-owned), send me 2 (leased) 622's. They charged me $399.98 upfront onto my CC, but refund me $200 per machine ($400 total) when they get my 942's returned to them (they provide boxes & Pre-Paid shipping). Resulting in FREE SWAP-OUT:D .

2) They provide free installation, and swap-out of dishes.

3) They change my programming package to Platinum, with ALL sd channels, and ALL hd channels available. My total cost will result in $6 per month increase above what I am paying now (the cost of the additional leased 622). :D Verified and documented.

Bottom line, I get FREE (2-942's to 2-622's) swap-out, FREE installation & swap of dishes, and get ALL sd & ALL (current & future) hd programming, and I pay $6 more per month than what I'm paying now:hatsoff: !

For me this is a great deal. But, because nobody at E* seems to know EXACTLY what the new promo is, this deal took me 3 1/2 hrs on the phone before I finally got with somebody that could do BOTH deals (swapping my leased 942 was not an issue, but getting them to take my owned 942 in exchage for them sending me a leased 622 was difficult because they kept saying it had to be done by a different department).

The number that make me that offer is 866-668-8047. The person that FINALLY authorized the whole deal, and made it happen was in management, but he made me promise not to give his name and number:shh .

Robert

robert393 said:
1) They take back BOTH 942's (1-leased, 1-owned), send me 2 (leased) 622's. They charged me $399.98 upfront onto my CC, but refund me $200 per machine ($400 total) when they get my 942's returned to them (they provide boxes & Pre-Paid shipping). Resulting in FREE SWAP-OUT:D .

Robert

So Dish is going to refund your money and not put it as credit to your Dish account?

Danny

dannsh said:
So Dish is going to refund your money and not put it as credit to your Dish account?

Danny
I didn't get that specific, and it really doesn't matter to me....."six-of-one-half-dozen-of-the-other". Either way, I'm getting the swap for free:clap
Robert

robert393 said:
3) They change my programming package to Platinum, with ALL sd channels, and ALL hd channels available. My total cost will result in $6 per month increase above what I am paying now (the cost of the additional leased 622). :D Verified and documented.

i'm in a simmilar situation exept i own 1 dvr942. I have all the programming including voom. here's what my statement looks like:

DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 0.0
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 0.0
AMERICA'S EVERYTHING VALUE PAK-180,4 PREMIUM 89.99
MOVIE PKG LOCALS 0.0
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 5.0
DISH NETWORK HD PACKAGE 9.99
VOOM ORIGINAL 5.0
HD PROMOTION - ADJUSTMENT -5.0

the CSR told me the new HD package cost $20 a month and since i was paying $15 ($10 and $5 for voom) now, so it would be a $5 increase. Then she said the reciever lease was $6 a month, she tried to claim I was paying $5 now but i'm not as you can see from the bill (the $5 addl reciever is an SD one in the other room). so now we're up to $11 more a month. i'm not sure what that HD promotion adjustment is, but if that goes away when i upgrade i'm at +$16.

Funny thing is she claimed i was already paying $5 a month for the reciever so my net change would be $6 (5 for the hd programing hike and 1 for the new reciever lease). She tried to tell me that there's no monthly price difference in owning or leaseing a box, just that if i lease i have to give it up when i cancel. This goes against everything i've read.

so they claim it will cost me $5 more a month but isn't it $11 or possibly $16?

I dunno maybe should just give in and lease anyways sounds like the people who leased the 942 got a better deal, they still get the rebate, they payed less for the box, and there bill only goes up $6.

Are recievers going to keep having major changes that force upgrades like this or if i get the 622 am i done for a few years?

Interesting...missed a call from Dish Marketing today. Guess I'm getting this offer too. Hard decision...I like getting the upgrade for free, but still not sure I'm ready to toss my stable 942 for the crapshoot 622. The one my brother got has been quite buggy. They finally sent him a replacement, but it didnt really solve anything.

Not Free Upgraded yesterday 942 to 622 299.00

I called yesterday to find if I could upgrade from 942 to 622 without paying the 99.00 installation fee was told unaware of this, they check and said " I could get the 200.00 rebate after return of 942 but 99.00 would be charged for installation.
I went ahead with it because Ive heard hear starzhd and national geo hd is comming soon.
I told dish rep ive seen that other are getting this offer from dish and he checked with supervisor was told no .
Hmmmm, very strange how some get the offer!!!

Also was wondering if anyone knew how long before Hartford, CT local HD would be on dish i get ota but would love from dish also

I got this call yesterday and decided to do it (as I was planning on upgrading in June anyways). Some things of note:

1) I'm not in a place with an HD locals yet (Columbia-Jeff City, MO) but they said they were working on it there, which I'm sure was B.S.

2) I asked what the final charges were going to be, and noted that I didn't have a main phone line (I'm cell phone only). She said they'd be able to take care of that. Looking at the charges for HD Bronze, with locals and switching to the 622 DVR (I only have one receiver) the grand total was $67.xx.

Not too bad of a deal. I've been wanting ESPN2HD as they've been showing some good baseball games there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)