Free Upgrade to MPEG-4??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
dervari said:
But keep in mind that if you get it from a retailer, you WILL NOT get the 5 LNB dish or installation in the deal... :(
If you are a current HD sub, D* is suppose to upgrade you to the 5 LNB dish at no charge regardless of where you purchase your receiver(s).

dervari said:
But keep in mind that if you get it from a retailer, you WILL NOT get the 5 LNB dish or installation in the deal... :(

Actually everyones best deal is by ordering their H20 from a dealer, especially my company. Your upfront and final cost will be lower by ordering from my company and you will lose nothing. DIRECTV charges $99.99 for the dish upgrade regardless where you get your H20 from. If you order the H20 form DIRECTV you will pay an additional $199.99, plus shipping and tax.

If you order from VE you will get our exclusive 5 yr. warranty, vs the 90 day factory warranty. You will also save the sales tax. Another major benefit by ordering your H20 form VE is that you get to keep your existing HD receiver. Whey you order your dish and receiver upgrade from DIRECTV they take your existing HD receiver.

The best deal comes from ordering your H20's from your SatelliteGuys sponsor, ValueElectronics.com

New subscribers in the top 12 markets do even better when ordering from VE, they get the AT9 dish with the installation at no charge.

-Robert

dervari said:
Well, I called VE and they told me the dish would be an additional $140 and installation would be extra. Oh well...

For existing customers only, who are upgrading the dish only, the statement above is true. DIRECTV charges $99.99 for the dish upgrade. But you would still be far better off buying the H20 from ValueElectronics. You would save money, get a 5 yr. warranty and get to keep your existing HD receiver. DIRECTV will take your existing HD receiver if you order the upgrade from them.

Order your H20 from VE and let DIRECTV upgrade your dish only.

And new subscribers do better with VE as well.

-Robert

The rebate form says "Limit one $100 and one $200 for a total of $300 rebate per account. Limit one rebate per receiver".
So does this mean I can only get one rebate of $200 even if I want to buy more than one H20 receiver ?
Don

donwylie said:
The rebate form says "Limit one $100 and one $200 for a total of $300 rebate per account. Limit one rebate per receiver".
So does this mean I can only get one rebate of $200 even if I want to buy more than one H20 receiver ?
Don

Correct, one HD $200 rebate per account. So if you purchase two H20's DIRECTV will give you $200 back.

-Robert

free upgrade in the detroit area true/free upgrade everywhere else not true (right now)when twe roll out hd locals in other markets a "reaonsably priced upgrade awaits, but if enough people bitch I foresee a free upgrade

We have proof the the upgrade is free from Robert Mercer at Directv

Robert Mercer is the DIRECTV Press spokesman

However, Robert Mercer, a DIRECTV spokesman, told TVPredictions.com Tuesday night that current owners of DIRECTV HDTV receivers would be offered a free upgrade. An estimated 600,000 DIRECTV customers have high-def receivers and subscribe to DIRECTV's high-def programming package.

Mercer said the satcaster did not have further details, such as when the upgrade would be available or if current owners would be required to make a one or two year commitment to a DIRECTV programming package. However, Mercer said the upgrade would first be offered to HDTV owners in the 12 markets where local HD will be launched later this year.

http://www.tvpredictions.com/freehdtv090605.html

thanks guys, trying to see what would be the better thing to do. with the need for moving a line to another room d* may be the better option. will likely call them tomorrow :) awaiting VE to let me know what they suggest for my current to future change in setup

Comparing my exciting Zenith HD-SAT520 to the new DIRECTV H20, how does it rate?

I'm also thinking in getting the H20 from ValueElectronics and keep or sale my HD-SAT520 locally or thru here.

But my main concern is, how does the 520 compare with the new H20 in PQ, among other things (Not including the obvious Mpeg4 option, of course)

When are these 5 lnb dish upgrades begin. I'm in the Phila market. Do I have to call D* or do they contact me first?

Also in addition to the H 20, I plan on adding a r15 directv DVR, can I self install all these or would D* do it when they install the new dish??
Thanks
Paulyme

I'm in Detroit. I don't have an HD reciever, but I have an HDTV. I wonder how much it will cost to upgrade from my DirecTivo to the Mpeg 4 HD reciever?

hdtvtechno said:
199.99 - 200.00 rebate = free
+ an extra charge, if you want the New 5 lnb dish,

I see, I will wait until the HD-DVR comes out and make a verdict.

(Btw I have my Xbox 360 hooked on my TV, its s-w-double e-t!

You will get the 5 LNB dish free if you order from ValueElectronics.com plus you get a 5 year warrenty on your purchase plus you still qualify for the $200 rebate from Directv!!

People keep saying that D* will call. Didn't Chicago start doing the upgrades? I live here and I haven't gotten a call.

Am I wrong about them rolling it out already?

I'm an existing subsriber in Detroit and D* didn't call me. It just takes a few attempts at the "CSR Roullette" to get a hold of somebody who can help you out with the upgrade.

In Detroit, I paid $249 upgrade fee + $14.95 s&h + taxes to D* to have the H20 + 5lnb dish delivered and installed. I'll get a $200 MIR, which will bring my total cost to about $75. NO EXCHANGES REQ'D.

This will be my first HD equip. I've been an SD sub for 4+ years.

Smthkd said:
You will get the 5 LNB dish free if you order from ValueElectronics.com

They told me since I'm an existing DTV sub that the diah ($140) and installation ($??) would not be included. I said thank you and called DTV. Got the whole thing for free.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)