Free upgrade to mpeg4 receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wongloo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2005
Haven't posted for awhile, but I thought I'd pass along some info, which may have been posted already. If so, sorry. I'm a long time 10 year D* subscriber, 1 year on HD. I was speaking to customer retention complaining about not getting NBA HD games listed on the guide - 95% of the time, get thay annoying "Not available in your area". Well, I didn't get anywhere with that - they couldn't explain why - wasn't a blackout issue and they couldn't explain it. What ended up happening though was that the really nice lady told me that I should upgrade my receivers to the H20 (I'm still on the MPEG2 in Los Angeles). She explained that soon they would be putting more national HD channels on MPEG4, but still positioned on the original satellites, so I wouldn't need the new dish yet. She also said that in the summer, they were moving (or converting) the local channels onto MPEG4, and so I would need to have the new receivers, otherwise I wouldn't get them anymore when that happened. The local channels would still be positioned with the old satellites. Next spring (2007), the locals are going to be repositioned on the new satellites, and at that time, or whenever they start positioning any of the new channels on the new satellites, I would need a new dish. Currently, I don't.

She said the deal was they would upgrade up to 6 receivers per household - I have 4. There would be no charge, they would send it out FedX, and when I got it I would have to send them back my old receivers. She told me that when the time came that new HD channels were positioned with the new satellites, I would need the new dish, and at that time they would come out and install the new dish at no fee. If I wanted to do that now, there would be a $50 charge, since I didn't need it yet. Their position is that if they do something that impacts my ability to get the new channels, they would upgrade at no charge.

The receivers came today - unfortunately, I missed them (wasn't home for literally 10 minutes to pick up child), so I'll have to wait until tomorrow or Monday. Sorry for the long-winded post. Kind of leery about posting these days, because last time I asked a simple question, there was a really unfriendly member who jumped down my throat - who needs that, just trying to help and ask questions.

I love HD. It rocks.

Now why can't E* be like that. We are only allowed 1 per household per year, and we have to pay for the upgrade what a crock.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts