Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigjez

Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
I have searched for info on my problem on this site and found nothing that answers my problems, if I missed it I'm sorry, I am new.

All of a sudden I am getting hesitation in sound and picture at various times, no set pattern. I am using a Hughes HD High def receiver. At the other end of the house, using a standard receiver my picture goes to black and I lose sound for a few seconds at a time. Once again it does not happen all the time. D* techs have replaced my receivers, new L&B's and checked the signal ( I am at 93%) .
Any suggestions? I am about ready to call Comcast.

Bigjez

When they checked the LNBs and replaced the receivers at any time did they check your RG6 runs and their connections? Do you have any multi-switches in the runs?

What makes and models of receivers? Which one again were bad? Replaced?

Cool, i was trying to get more details to see if maybe he has some bad reception issues across the board, because he said "hesitation" and I left that open to interpretation of what he really means; as opposed to thinking pure lip-sync issues (because he has issues at other receivers too). If it is a lip-sync issue on the HD unit, that might be a unit needing a firmware update, but what would cause the standard unit issues?

There is no lip-sync issues. The picture and/or sound well freeze for a few seconds. There is also no pixleation when this happens.

Might Want To Try These Two Things.

1.) Uplug Your Receiver And Wait 30 Seconds, Then Plug Back In And When The "hello" Screen Comes Up Push "02468" On Your Remote.

This Will Download Any Software Updates Your Receiver May Have Missed.

2.) Go Thru Guided Setup Agian.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)