frequent freezes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bearingman07936

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
among other problems that we've had with our HR21-700 since the software upgrade last month, we've noticed many more frequent freezes. They are short - only about 2 or 3 seconds but they happen about every 30 seconds or less.
This is not happening in bad weather, either.
Anyone else seeing this problem?

among other problems that we've had with our HR21-700 since the software upgrade last month, we've noticed many more frequent freezes. They are short - only about 2 or 3 seconds but they happen about every 30 seconds or less.

Well kinda of, I'm getting lots of jitter when watching stuff. I can not pin point when and what, put it looks like some sort of compression problem. Missing frames or something.

I have an HR21-100 that gives me, in addition to the headaches that you just described, the following recording glitches. Halfway through a recording playback I will lose the audio. It really gets annoying when that problem is coupled with the screen going blank for a few seconds every now and then. For a cherry on top there is that disappearing scheduled recording from the 'to do list' for no apparent reason. Anybody manage to pinpoint the problem yet???

Yep, DC locals doing that all day. A good bit on channel 4 NBC. Audio stuttering and freezes . HR21-100 / H21-100

I have the same issues here in DFW. Tech has been out once and checked all the connections. He re terminated a couple of the connections but it made no difference.

My system after 20 minutes or so of watching will lock up for anywhere from 3 to 30 seconds at a time. When it starts happening... it will continue for around 15 minutes into the show every 20 seconds. It will lock up the entire dvr and I can't stop it, pause it, change channels, turn off the dvr... NOTHING.

It started last week and does it now with every show I record.

I have tried the reset button.
The menu reset.
Unplugging for 4 hours.
I have checked the signal strength.
Everything seems OK.

You can hear the hard drive trying to do something.

I am having problems with Audio sync. and a Loss of signal message in the middle of recordings.

It is starting to drive me nuts. my have to swap the one in the bedroom for the living room..

I have been having problems with what seems to be Frames per second... It gets choppy... not freezing per se but choppy... I can jump over to the OTA ant and it is fine...

Definitely the whole gambit of trouble being reported, mostly with prime-time locals 'video stuttering' for lack of a better word. I know CBS Chicago reported some type of problem (Our of our Sponsors made a post about it) & it really showed during last nights broadcast. Having the OTA is a huge plus.

Definitely the whole gambit of trouble being reported, mostly with prime-time locals 'video stuttering' for lack of a better word. I know CBS Chicago reported some type of problem (Our of our Sponsors made a post about it) & it really showed during last nights broadcast. Having the OTA is a huge plus.

I am seeing it on pay channels as well though... it was doing it during dexter the other night and my wife made a comment... lemme repeat... MY WIFE made a comment about FPS!

Last edited:
All day today on Fox DC channel 5 , audio stuttering and pixelation. Both Football games. Called other friends all over the DC area and they confirmed issues also.

Still going on as of this very moment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)