Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
One of our customers (I deliver auto parts) had a CM/Primestar dish in his yard, when I asked him about it he said "Whenever you're ready, come and get it" :D:up

Attachments

• new1.0.JPG
    new1.0.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 221
  • new1.02.JPG
    new1.02.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 221
The LNB/feed on this one looks different than my other 3.

Attachments

• cmfeed1.JPG
    cmfeed1.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 189
A pancake lnb! I never found one of those either (yet). Nice find. Now, did you reach down and yank it up with one grab, or did it take several pulls?//lol

....Now, did you reach down and yank it up with one grab, or did it take several pulls?//lol
Actually he had a tractor, and I just dug around it a little, and he backed up to it, we tied a heavy duty strap around the pole and pulled it right up!

very nice :)

oddball LNB on there though. Looks like a cross between a Primestar LNB (the back part) and a totally different LNB.....it escapes me (the name) but Tron has one of them oddball flanged ones. The LNB normally is single polarity

Speaking of which...

Muzak was founded/created by Major General George O. Squier who's birthday is tomorrow (March 21st.). A minor character in the history of science, he was elected into the National Academy of Science for his invention multiplexing; something we all enjoy around here. He was also the first passenger in an airplane.

Ta-da!

I throw a party every year in his honor.

Attachments

• george_squier_westpoint.jpg
    george_squier_westpoint.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 125
The round Primestar dishes all had the feedhorn shown in Eurosports picture.
The elliptical Primestar dishes all had the feedhorn shown below.
Now that you mention it, I don't think I've seen a Dove Bar on a round feed either.

This picture was posted to the forum two years ago this month.
Or at least that is when I archived a copy.
Someone was even kind enough to mark up this one:

Attachments

• DoveBarPrimestar2.jpg
    DoveBarPrimestar2.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 167
Another 1M Channel Master with a dove bar LNB! I'd never seen the dove bar LNB on a 1M CM dish either, until I snagged that dish earlier this month. It looks different from the assembly of a dove bar on an elliptical Channel Master because the feedhorn of the 1M is differently shaped. It still terminates with a C-120 flange, so the LNB bolts on perfectly.

In a single polarity configuration, there is a short waveguide between the C-120 feedhorn and the single polarity LNB... One side of the waveguide is C-120, the other side is WR-75. But with a dual polarity LNB (either the dove bar or the stacked Eagle Aspen that Dish uses for FSS on a Superdish), you just remove the waveguide and bolt the LNB to the feedhorn directly.

This makes, what, 3 1M Channel Masters rescued by members this month? :D Perhaps I should do some dish hunting this weekend...

We took the 2½ hour trip downstate yesterday to visit the oldest son (the granddaughter turns 1 this week) and the wife's brother. When we pulled into the trailer park where the wife's brother lives, here is an elliptical Primestar dish set up next to an old leaning camper across from his lot. The wife saw me looking and said "NO!" I asked the brother in law before we left if it was an abandoned dish and he said yes! I'll figure out a way to get it, I'm sure he'll cooperate. ;)

Then on the way back, I took a different route after getting off the interstate to avoid a congested stretch of road, and there was a round P* in a field right next to the road. Must have been a trailer there at one time. That one's only 35-40 minutes away. It's funny though, I drove to work on that road daily a few years back before I got bit by the FTA bug and never noticed it before. I also recently spotted a P* dish on a garage roof next the local auto parts store that I had never seen before. I guess once you get bit you develop "dish locater radar". I'm looking everywhere I go now! There is a lot of old BUD's around. It will take some doing for the wife to give in for one of those.

Good score, Euro!:)

This is a great time of the year to search for dishes. The snow is mostly gone and still no leaves or bees around here. Just Saturday, my son spotted 2 BUDS within 2 miles of our home we never knew existed. My 10 year old SatelliteGuy-Jr. dish spotter, in training.

I spotted a Primestar dish the other day near my house...Hadnt seen it before because I guess they had an old vehicle by it......but I saw a fresh DirecTV dish right by it....hmmm./...

And here's a shot of my 7.5 flanked by 4 Primestars!

Attachments

• 4little1big.JPG
    4little1big.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 167
sweet! that's the same LNBF on my primestar.

odd that your post got moved. I guess we need some clarification on what goes where. I kinda assumed that FTA-shack was exactly the place for this sort of post.. "non-technical" in the fta-shack and technical in "Free-to-Air discussion" shrug

That's true- as I looked at it again, it started out as a "look at this dish I got" thread and moved towards a Primestar LNB discussion! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)